How to: Keep Your Social Life Alive

Once you've created your little social group of friends, it is very important that your existence is still known online. I don't mean turn into those addicts that can't spend an hour away from their phone but nor do I mean be those people that others see and hear from only ever in real life.

Go online every now and then, post a pic here and there and have little conversations and texts on social media.

You could also educate yourself generally by catching up on the news or something.

Take a look at what your friends are up to and if you're bored, get inspired a little on WeHeart It, Pinterest, Instagram and other websites/apps.

For example, every day you can dedicate about an hour on social media and that way you will still have time to study for exams, do homework or whatever you do.

However, I hope I haven't lead you on to think that being social mainly consists of being online. I probably have but that's not all.

Organise and plan outings where you meet up with your friends and use that time to catch up, have fun and overall enjoy yourselves. I would advise you not to always go "all out" on the outings. For instance, instead of always going shopping you could gather at someone's house or go swimming. If you have exams coming up, you could all study somewhere but also have fun as well.

Don't always try to "keep your social life alive" because there is quite a high risk that you will lose focus on the tasks that you normally do or the revision that you would do daily. Try to balance things out and trust me, it's highly beneficial. Personally, I do my homework first thing after coming home from school and then study for about 3 hours. After that I check up on my phone or any other gadget I have lying around for about half an hour to an hour. I would then read for an hour before I sleep.

If you want, you could have a routine similar to mine but you can change it to suit your daily lifestyle.