Studying

So, for most of us (well at least in London) school is going to start again pretty soon which means also will studying. Yep, learning whilst also dying. Get it? stuDYING! Bad, I know. I tried though! Anyway, I will tell you the best ways to actually study so... ENJOY!

STUDY WHEN SLEEPY - Apparently the last thing you read or think about before dozing off stay in your memory better than during the day. This is due to the brain strengthening new memories, so we are more likely to remember what we review.  However DO NOT STUDY THROUGH THE NIGHT. You should sleep for 10-11 hours

STOP BEING A LAZY ASS - Research shows that you are more likely to remember the same stuff if you always study in a difderent place. This forces your brain to accociate the memory with what you've just studied.

EXPERIMENT - Try revising in different environments to find out which one is the best to study in for you.

MUSIC - Put on your favourite jam (quietly) and continue studying. I would suggest you have a playlist on shuffle to avoid distracting yourself and changing sings every minute. Music helps relief stress and calms the mind. Especially if it's your type of music. It also may make you enjoy studying!

BREAKS - Take short breaks every now and again to give your mind a rest.

TESTS - Ask someone to test you. Or use old exam papers to test yourself.

STAY COMFY - Wear comfortable clothes and most of all, feel comfy.

KEY STUFF - Underline or highlight  key things.

STAY HYDRATED - Drink lots of water.

STAY HEALTHY - Have healthy snacks to keep your mind and body going.

NO DISTRACTIONS - If you are studying at home, it's probably a good idea to give your phone or any distracting devices to a member of your family to look after until you finish studying.

Any other ideas?