Common Misconceptions

Some of you may think of this update as irrelevant to the theme/genre of this book but I have never claimed that this book is/was purely based on beauty-related topics. This book is to educate you on beauty, confidence, happiness, to fulfill your curiosity on whatever you request, random DIYs and it should also help to expand your general knowledge. That is exactly what I am going to do today. I will be exposing you to the most common misconceptions and revealing the truth behind them all. 

1) Cutting/trimming your hair will not cause it to grow longer. Your hair  grows at the follicles (roots) but the rest is simply keratin and dead skin cells, or else it would be extremely painful getting it cut. Yes, you should cut your hair when it starts to have split ends because if not, the split ends will split up the strands and cause them to fall off more easily. 

2) Putting cucumbers on your eyes will not reduce puffiness. It is in actual fact the coldness of the cucumbers due to refrigeration. Therefore, it is that cold that reduces puffiness and not the cucumber/s.

3) If you swallow chewing gum, it will not stay in your stomach for 7 years. It is digested like any other (edible) things that you eat.

4) Chinese fortune cookies are not Chinese; they are actually Californian but were brought to America by the Japanese.

5) You do not sweat out toxins. Only 1% of your body's sweat contains toxins.

6) Cracking your knuckles does not cause arthritis.  No evidence has been found to show a link between knuckle-cracking and arthritis. So by all means, keep on cracking.

7) A vomitorium is not a room where Romans went to vomit after a meal. It is actually the entrance into a stadium.

8) Mary Antoinette did not say "let them eat cake". This is an attribute to her because she is one of the most unpopular rulers due to the fact that she had a reputation of being disconnected to her subjects and also had a cold heart.

9) Napoleon Bonaparte was not really short at all. He was actually a little bit taller than the average Frenchman and his recorded height in French feet would equate to 5'7 in modern day which isn't that bad.

10) Deoxygenated blood does not turn blue. The only slight difference between deoxgenated blood and oxygenated blood is a slight hue. Oxygenated blood is more of a cherry red whereas deoxygenated blood is more of a darker red.

Hope you enjoyed  this update and if you would like to see more common misconceptions just comment and let me know.