𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞

a few weeks later , you woke up

a few weeks later , you woke up . the bright lights blinded you . you felt some weight on your arm , so you used the other hand to wipe your eyes . when they adjusted to the bright , white lights . you saw you were in a hospital room .

your arm fell asleep , so you looked over at it . you saw a black bush of spiky hair on it , making you smile .  "your head is pretty heavy you know," you stated , making him jump up out of his sleep .

"y/n.." he trailed off , wide eyes filling with tears .

"hey , gumi," you said , smiling at him . the tears poured out of his eyes and he got up out of his seat . you thought he was about to leave , but he put his forehead against yours and cupped your face in his warm, slender hands ; a warmth you'd never forget .

"i missed you so much . i'm so sorry this is all my fault ," megumi said , rubbing his thumb over your cheeks . you pulled his face away from yours , making him look down at you .

"stop blaming yourself for everything . you are not the reason this happened . it's none of our faults . stop saying you're sorry for stuff you have no control over , alright?" you stated . he nodded as you wiped his tears with your hands .

"here," he said , giving you some water . you took it and drunk the whole bottle quickly , making megumi's eyes widen .

"i got that gawk gawk . you should know." his face turned red , making you laugh . "i want kisses , megs," you whined , holding your arms out for him . your loving boyfriend came over and gave you a kiss , which you deepened . y'all made out with each other , but megumi pulled away before things could escalate . "you know , i could hear you when you talked to me ."

he smiled and held your hand . "everything?" he asked . "everything . you're so sweet . you better not die on me either , or i'll beat your ass," you scolded , making him laugh .

"wouldn't dream of it ." megumi reassuringly squeezed your hand . y'all chatted for about 10 minutes and the doctor came in .

"i see you're up . that's good . i'll check on your vitals and stuff in a minute ," he said before exiting again . you nodded and laid your head on the bed .

"i hope i don't have to stay here much longer . the hospital is already boring and i'm just waking up . i wanna cuddle with you ," you pouted .

megumi kissed your plump , pouting lips  . "i know . i want to cuddle with you , too . i- i slept in your room the second night . the first night i stayed here , waiting on the doctor to fill me in . i was tired but .. i couldn't sleep until i knew you were okay," he said , getting emotional again . you squeezed his hand to comfort him , which he reciprocated . "i wouldn't go to class , and if i did i'd just fall asleep or something ," he shrugged . "i- i couldn't go on knowing you were in the hospital at risk of death . i just couldn't . i need you . i can't go on with out you ."

you almost gasped at his words . "at risk .. of death?" you asked . you don't remember much other than seeing the look on megumi's face when he saw that you were injured .