𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

- 2 months later

- 2 months later

you and megumi had gotten to a rough patch in y'all's relationship where y'all argued more than usual . it was about twice or three a week . y'all usually argued like once every two months . all of the arguments were pretty dumb , but they were weighing on your relationship . y'all wouldn't talk to each other at all during the day or even look at each other sometimes .

megumi would now spend more time at work because of something he had going on that was important . he would get home late , which pissed you off because he wouldn't see you or malakai all day . it was mainly about malakai, not you . he'd been doing this for weeks now and you didn't bring it up because you knew it'd lead to an argument . he didn't have to stay at work that long , but he was doing it because he wanted to .

tonight , he walked in at 11pm . he checked on malakai , seeing he was asleep . he took a deep breath before walking into the room . you weren't there , so he checked the closet and bathroom . you weren't there either . honestly , you were in the living room asleep . you didn't feel like sleeping with megumi tonight .

you had been crying all day , thinking your relationship was slowly coming to an end . it was far from what you wanted , but you felt like there was nothing you could do to save it without arguing , which was something you hated doing . you felt megumi was showing less interest in you , you didn't want to be around him as much , and you felt the arguments were non stop .

megumi came downstairs , looking for you . when he saw you were on the couch , he came around to see your face . you had tear stained cheeks and slightly puffy eyes . he shook you a little to wake you up . you groaned and turned the other way , making him sigh . "come sleep in the room , baby," he whispered softly , smiling and kissing your cheek .

"megumi , we need to talk," you said , making him furrow his eyebrows . he sat down beside you , waiting for you to sit up . "i know you've noticed we've been arguing a lot lately . i've been crying like every night before i go to sleep because i don't feel like you still have interest in me . we're slowly drifting apart and- basically what i'm saying is ... maybe we should just take a break from each other and work on ourselves ," you said , looking at your hands .

megumi's expression was now one of someone who was panicking , confused , and fuming all at once . he knew where this was coming from , but he never wanted to take a break from you . he's never lost interest and all the arguments were more than pointless . "baby, please tell me you're joking," megumi said , going to turn the lamp on so he could see your face clearly .

"i'm not . i think it'd be b-" you choked on your words , feeling the tears start up . "it'd be best for the both of us right now . for our family , maybe we need to rethink this," you said , a tear trailing down your face . "we don't even talk to each other most days . we have pointless disagreements every other day . i don't feel like you have interest in me , and i don't even want to be around you sometimes because there's always this tension. we could both use some space , megumi." watching as you wiped your tears , your almost heartbroken fiancé let out a short sigh and ran a hand through his spiky tresses .