She Likes Another Boy

Chaeyoung watches Mina from afar, clinging unto the basketball captain in their school. She's her bestfriend and supports them, but she likes Mina. No, she loves her.

Chaeyoung's an artist. She excels in subjects particularly in music and art, and tends to skip PE classes. She writes songs in order to portray what she feels, as she finds it hard to communicate with people.

The day that Mina told Chaeyoung that she has a boyfriend, is the same day where Chaeyoung was supposed to confess to Mina. Things weren't the same as it was anymore.

Flashback

"Minari, I have to tell you something."

"Me too!"

"You go ahead."

"Bam asked me out already! We're dating! How about you?" Mina hugs Chaeyoung in excitement, while the other was blinking away tears.

Chaeyoung was speechless. "I-It was nothing. Congratulations. I'll go home."

"Let me walk you home-"

"It's fine. Goodbye Mina."

Chaeyoung leaves Mina's room and goes home. She sobs uncontrollably while walking, hitting herself in disappointment.

Chaeyoung understands that Mina couldn't come with her to lunch anymore or hang out that often. She distanced herself from her as she wants to move on from Mina.

Mina didn't really care about her boyfriend. She just wanted to be with him for Chaeyoung's sake. The basketball team kept picking on Chaeyoung, and Mina thought that this could be a solution.

----------

She sees Chaeyoung writing on her notebook at a lunch table. She sits next to her, with the other being oblivious with what's happening around her.

"Hi Chaeng!" Chaeyoung hums in response.

"What are you doing?" Mina asks as she peeks at Chaeyoung's notebook.

"Writing." Chaeyoung hides her notebook away from Mina, and eats her apple.

"Can I see?"

"No."

"Chaeng? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mina. I'm going. Your boyfriend's here." Chaeyoung picks her stuff up and leaves.

"Chaeng wait-"

"Hi Mina!" Her boyfriend sits in Chaeyoung's seat, as the cub walks away, a tear slipping from her eye. Mina caught sight of Chaeyoung's tear and was curious to why she reacted that way.

----------

Chaeyoung works part-time in a bar, singing songs for the crowd. It was a decent job, she gets tips and is able to express her feelings through her own songs. The vibe of the bar was pretty chill, unlike most bars where they would have flashing lights and loud music, this bar had a calm ambiance.

"Hello everyone, I'm Chaeyoung, your music for tonight." The crowd cheers. Chaeyoung was their favorite. Her voice is very calming and her songs were amazing.

Mina knows about Chaeyoung's job, and she visits quite often. She invited her boyfriend to come with her, hoping to see Chaeyoung perform.

She sits at the farthest table with her boyfriend, her eyes glued on Chaeyoung, starting to play the piano.

"This song is new. It's called "She Likes Another Boy." (This is a real song, it's by Oscar Lang. Listen to it while reading this ^-^)

Oh no, she likes another boy
And I'm feeling sad
And at the end of the day
I know there was something that we had