🐧🐯

Chaeyoung's POV

Here I am again, watching her from afar. I scoff as I watch her flirting with our basketball's team captain. You could practically see the cartoon hearts dancing in the air, and a gloomy cloud above my head.

The bell has rung once again, I make my way through the corridors. Passing by the usual cliques in this boring-ass school, I stumble upon the library, one of my safe spaces.

I figured out that Mina was following me, I guess she caught me looking at her in the gymnasium.

"Chaeng! Do you want to sleepover today? We can watch movies!" She asks, hugging me from behind.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there." I mutter, slowly regretting my decision.

-----------

Nobody's POV

"Chaengie! Look! I got the rare item!" Mina shouts, looking back. She finds Chaeyoung laying on her bed, watching on her phone.

"Really?! Isn't there only a 0.5% chance of getting it?" Chaeyoung asks as she gets up, standing beside Mina, staring at the monitor.

"Yeah! And I got it!" Mina celebrates, hugging Chaeyoung's waist. 

Chaeyoung's POV

She's really cute.

I pat her on the head, my heart beating in 3/4th time. I'm not really used to affection, but if it's from her, I don't mind. I don't mind at all.

"Um, Mina? You okay there?" I ask, trying to steady my heartbeat.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." Mina giggles, going back to her game. I let out a mini sigh, before walking back to her bed.

Mina's...great. I could tell that I'm the only one that she can talk to about her games, seeing as I'm the only person that cares. But in all fairness, I have a crush on her. We've been hanging out together everyday for years, flirting and bickering here and then. It's just that she doesn't know when to stop.

It's hard liking someone that doesn't know that you like them, and it really hurts whenever I see her talking to guys. It's like I'm an NPC to her, an entity to do side quests on, for practice.

"Mina, I'm going home."  I say, picking up my bag. She looks up immediately.

"I thought you were staying here for tonight?" She asks worriedly, my heart breaks a little from her tone.

"I'm not feeling well. Goodnight." I say without looking back, walking away. I say goodbye to her mom, who knows about my situation with her daughter.

I feel the breeze lingering, the flowers slightly dancing, my headphones blasting my favorite playlist. I hear footsteps moving closer to me, but I ignore them as I'm only 15 minutes away from my house. I walk faster, as I hear the steps growing even louder. Pants can be heard, I'm starting to freak out.

What if it's a robber? A creepy guy? 

I feel a weight leaning on my back, arms wrapping my body. I fall from the sudden weight, my hands automatically covering my face, to avoid injuries. I wince as I turn around, seeing a girl laying on top of my torso, steadying her breath.

Who is this? She smells like Mina. Wait, why the hell would I know what Mina smells like? Stop making me a weirdo, Author-nim. 

(No. Suffer.)

You're mean.

The hooded girl looks up, her hair covering her facial features. My eyes widen as I see Mina, with tears in her eyes, trembling before me.