idk what to title this but enjoy ❤️

The hallways of JYPE High School buzzed with excitement as students hurried to their classes. Among them, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo, the formidable trio, strolled with an air of confidence and an entourage of admirers. Chaeyoung's radiant smile and magnetic charm seemed to light up the halls wherever she went.

In the midst of the crowd, Chaeyoung's eyes caught a glimpse of Mina, the quiet and unassuming bookworm who often went unnoticed. Mina stood by her locker, her nose buried deep within the pages of a thick novel, seemingly transported to a world beyond the confines of the school.

Curiosity sparked within Chaeyoung as she watched Mina from a distance, observing her genuine passion for literature. Mina's eyes shimmered with joy as she devoured each word, her fingers tracing the edges of the pages with reverence. Chaeyoung found herself drawn to the mystery that enveloped Mina—an enigma waiting to be unraveled.

Jeongyeon, ever keen on stirring up mischief, nudged Chaeyoung playfully. "Hey, Chaeyoung, look over there. It's the little bookworm, Mina. What's so fascinating about her anyway?"

Jihyo chimed in, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Yeah, she's always got her nose stuck in a book. I wonder if she even knows what fun is."

Chaeyoung's brow furrowed as she observed her friends' snide comments. She had always admired Mina's dedication and intellect, appreciating the beauty in her solitary pursuits. She couldn't comprehend why Jeongyeon and Jihyo seemed determined to mock and belittle someone so seemingly harmless.

"Hey, I've got an idea." The two look towards Chaeyoung, who was staring at them with anger.

"What?" They both say at the same time, a bit scared.

"How about you two shut the fuck up and leave her alone? Besides..." Chaeyoung goes back at staring at Mina's side profile, a faint smile forming up in her face.

"She's my style."

Deciding to intervene, Chaeyoung mustered her courage and approached Mina by her locker. Her voice was gentle yet resolute. "Hey, Mina! I've noticed you're always engrossed in those books. What are you reading?"

Startled, Mina looked up from her novel, her eyes widening behind her glasses. She hadn't expected Chaeyoung, the popular girl, to take an interest in her solitary world. Nervously, she stammered out a reply. "Oh, um... It's a classic novel by Jane Austen. I-I'm quite immersed in the story."

A spark of genuine curiosity flickered in Chaeyoung's eyes as she leaned against the locker next to Mina's. "Jane Austen, huh? I've heard of her, but I've never really read her works. Can you tell me what you find so captivating about her stories?"

Mina's surprise turned into a soft smile as she realized Chaeyoung's genuine interest. She spoke animatedly, her voice filled with passion. "Well, Jane Austen's novels depict the complexities of human relationships and societal conventions. Her heroines navigate a world that restricts them, yet they find strength and forge their paths. It's fascinating to see the power of love and the triumph of the human spirit."

As they delved deeper into their conversation, time seemed to stand still for Chaeyoung and Mina. They shared their thoughts on literature, exchanged book recommendations, and discovered a connection that transcended their social circles. Chaeyoung found herself intrigued by Mina's intellect, and Mina felt seen and understood like never before.

Unbeknownst to them, their hearts had begun a silent dance, each step bringing them closer together. Little did they realize the unspoken longing that blossomed between them, waiting to be unveiled in the chapters yet to come.

In the days that followed, Chaeyoung and Mina's connection deepened, their friendship growing stronger with each passing conversation. They found solace in each other's company, often seeking refuge in the school library, where they would discuss their favorite books and share their innermost thoughts.