𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 // 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧

Your age: 5, 10, then 16. 

Summary: After watching your mom's movie 'The Prestige', you decide to take up magic.

TW: Mentions of straighjackets. I thought it was valid as a tw, idk why i just did--

----

It was a normal day in 2006, a few weeks after Scarlett's movie 'The Prestige' came into theaters for the first time. She decided she'd let you watch it at home, and the results after you watching it was astounding. 

"Mama, I want to show you magic." You said, grinning. She turned in her chair and looked at you. "Okay, baby. Show me your magic." 

You reached into your pocket and began pulling out handkerchiefs, fake-gasping as you did. "Oopsie, I think I just needed one!" You giggled. Scarlett couldn't help but laugh as you finished pulling out the last of the handkerchiefs from your pocket. "One last trick." You said. You grabbed your stuffed toy version of Thumper from Bambi and said, "I'm gonna make Thumper vanish!" Intrigued, Scarlett watched as you took a crudely made double-compartment box, and placed Thumper in the hidden compartment. You tapped on it and opened the box to show that it had vanished. Sort of. She could still see the toy behind the compartment, but she of course didn't tell your innocent 5-year-old self that. 

"Ta-da!" You smiled as she clapped for you. 

--Time Skip--

At ten years old you had started doing card tricks. Close-up magic was indeed your forte, compared to large-scale tricks. One day, you walked up to your mother, who was frowning over something you didn't quite know. You opened up a card fan and said, "Mom, pick a card." 

"Y/n I can't do this right now I--" She began, but you stopped her, "Mom, just pick a card." 

She sighed and picked a card. "You've memorised it?" You asked as you took it back. She nodded. You took out a card and said, "Is this your card?" She shook her head. "Are you sure? Maybe you'll want to check your left back pocket." 

She checked to find a card, the seven of hearts to be exact, which was her card. You earned a gasp of amazement from her, making you smile. 

--Time Skip--

As the years went on, you became a professional magician, known for your card tricks, coin tricks, and large-scale illusions. Everyone thought you'd be an actress, like your mother, but they were proven wrong when you appeared on a Las Vegas stage. 

"I'm so nervous." You admitted, as you peeked from backstage to see the packed auditorium. Scarlett smiled, "Don't be nervous, baby. You're gonna kill it." 

"Goddamn, now I'm getting 'Now You See Me' flashbacks. Only I'm not gonna rob a bank, and Uncle Mark isn't set to put me in jail or something." You laughed, rubbing your palms together, which were calloused from years of practicing card tricks and almost burning the skin off in particularly dangerous tricks. 

Scarlett was about to give you a whole pep talk, but the announcer began to give you your cue. "You guys are fans of Marvel's Black Widow, aren't you? Well, here we have someone we never thought would be a magician! Please welcome to the stage, Lady Copperfield! Or as you might know her otherwise, Y/n Johansson!" 

"Good luck!" Scarlett grinned. "Thanks, Mom." You smiled and went on stage, fixing your tuxedo slightly as you did. 

"Hello, Las Vegas!" You called out, earning a roar of greeting from the audience. "I'm Lady Copperfield, or like the anchor otherwise called me, Y/n." You looked around, "So, who here wants to see some magic?" Another roar of approval sounded, making you laugh and coax them into silence, "Okay, okay. I'm gonna show you some magic."