𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 // 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚

Your age: 4

Summary: A proof that Gamora can be a softie towards her little princess (aka, YOU.)
---

The ship cruised through space, the surroundings nice and calm. However, the inside of the ship wasn't as calm as the outside.

"How can you be so irresponsible, Peter!" Gamora yelled at him. "I was gone for five minutes!"

"I'm sorry, Gamora! I seriously thought she would fit in the vents!" He protested.

"She is four years old, you stupid!" She smacked him upside the head. She turned to Rocket and Drax, "And to think you guys actually LET him out my four year old Y/n into the vents!"

"The young one is ready to face the horrors of the vents." Drax said, dead serious.

"Plus, the little stinker can take a joke." Rocket grinned.

"I am Groot." Said Groot.

"Yes, Groot. I appreciate that you tried to stop them." Gamora smiled. Her grin turned back into a frown as she said, "Now, if you boys pull another one of these shenanigans again, I will shove a taser up your--"

"MOMMY!" Your voice was heard from the other end of the ship, and before anyone else could react, Gamora had bolted to your room and was ready to kick some ass. She saw you were clutching the bedsheets, crying.

"Princess, what's the matter?" She asked, sitting next to you.

"I--I had a dream tha' you forgo' me in another planet an'--" Your little-kid rant was stopped as a fresh flood of tears escaped your eyes.

Gamora lifted you up and placed you on her lap, stroking your hair gently as she whispered, "No, no. I'd never leave you, princess."

She continued to hold you close, rocking back and forth slowly, humming a lullaby. She didn't stop till you relaxed in her arms, and gently placed you down on the mattress again. She tucked you in nicely and kissed your forehead before turning around to see Peter, Drax, Rocket, Mantis, and Groot standing there slack-jawed.

"Not. A. Word." She hissed so violently, that the five of them mumbled apologies as they walked off hastily.

Whenever Peter brought it up from then on, she always said, "Motherly duties. Don't question it."

----
I need to write better aaaaagh-