𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 // 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩

Your age: 5, 11, then 13

Summary: You always greeted Kate after she came back from school, from college, from work. Till one day...

WARNING: SAD AS FUCK
---

Age: 5

The bus rolled up at the big house, where Eleanor stood with you outside. You stood patiently as Kate came out of the vehicle.

When you saw your sister, a squeal left your tiny body as you ran towards her. She laughed and ran as well, lifting you up and into her arms.

"Hi Katie!" You grinned, before launching into a little-girl rant about your day. You talked and talked, while your sister listened patiently. Then, while she'd do her homework, you would sit with your toys right next to her.

The explosive welcome happened once again, when she'd return from her gymnastics class or archery lesson. She loved how you'd propel yourself forward on your strong little legs and leap at her with enough force to nearly throw her off balance. Safe to say, it never got old.

Age: 11

"Y/n/n, guess what?" Eleanor knocked at your room door. "Kate's two minutes away from home."

You squealed and leapt out of bed, dashing to the front door. You had exciting news to tell her.

Six years, without fail, you'd hug her tight and greet her warmly when she came home, no matter how much you both fought.

You waited for her car to reach, watching the road closely. You noticed how her shoulders were slumped as she came, and immediately paused. She had a bad day.

You walked up to her and slipped your hand into hers, smiling, "Wanna talk about it?"

Laughing at your empathetic nature, she said, "Nah. How does ice cream and brownies sound?"

"I have important shit to tell you." You grinned.

"Tell me tell me." She gasped overdramatically.

"I got in!" You exclaimed. For the last few weeks you had been trying to get recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D for the last three years after their young agent program had been released. You immediately applied for it, considering the fact that you'd trained for it day and night, seven days a week.

"You got in?!" She exclaimed. "NO WAY!"

"THE EQUIPMENT CAME IN AN HOUR BACK!!" You squealed, leading her to your room.

"HOLY SHIT SHOW ME."

Age: 13

"MOTHER DUCK ON A STICK WHO IN HELL IS THAT?!" You screamed at your sister, as she dragged Clint into the apartment the two of you shared. "IS IT REALLY HIM?!"

"Hell yes." She grinned. "THE Hawkeye. In our house."

"Did he sign your bow?" You asked, hugging her tightly.

"I haven't given it to him yet."

"Give it to him then, dumbass."

Acting offended, she said, "I am not a dumbass."

You rolled your eyes, "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

She playfully smacked you upside the head, and grinned, "Bitch."

"Asshole." You shot back.

"Love you too." She ruffled your hair and walked away.

--Time Skip To A Month Later--

Kate came back from a mission, having finished up with it. She'd received a call two weeks back, that you'd gotten injured on your mission in Delhi.

She was frantic that day and had broken down when she found out that you, her 14-year-old sister, had passed away on your own birthday.

She was already in the habit of seeing you at the door, awaiting her arrival, and felt her heart break as she reached her apartment.

Because you were not there, and you wouldn't be ever again.

--
Welp.

That was sad.

Excuse me whilst I let my eyes sweat. <3