𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐 // 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐠𝐡

Your age: 4

Summary: You fall sick, which makes it annoying to wear a hearing aid, and it saps all your energy to sign. Because when you get sick, you get extremely sick. Luckily, Florence manages things. With a little bit of help. 

I wanted a part two of 'listening' because c'mon. IT'S CUTE OK DON'T COME AT ME. Plus, as a sister to a deaf child... RECOGNITION PLEASE.

----

You woke up at around 12 pm, sweating and crying. Your head was hurting terribly, throbbing like someone was hitting you over the head with a sledgehammer. You held your head and slipped out of the room, going to your mother immediately.

"Mumma!" You cried out, waking her up. She saw your sweating and crying form, and immediately lifted you up.

"What's the matter, love bug?" She asked, kissing your forehead. She immediately gasped upon feeling how warm you were, and signed, "You're sick?"

"Head is--" You motioned with your hands frantically trying to sign out how it was, but broke down again when you realised you didn't know the sign for it.

"Your head hurts?" She jabbed her index fingers towards each other twice, and you looked confused for a moment, not recognising the sign. She then knocked on your head gently, making a pained face as she repeated the same sign.

"Yes." You replied, eyes still gushing tears. She used the pads of her thumbs to wipe away your tears and signed, "Let's go and change you out of these sweaty pajamas, okay?"

You nodded and let her lift you up, and waited patiently as she changed you out of your sweat-soaked PJs. You leaned against her in exhaustion, and she checked your fever again. She looked at it to see a whopping 100 degree fever.

"Aw, poor love bug." She sighed, kissing your forehead. She got out the raspberry flavoured Crocin 240 from the medicine cabinet after she'd placed you on her bed, and gently woke you up, spoon in hand. You grumbled and pushed her hand away, but she tenderly took your chin in her hand and made a small 'o' with her mouth, asking you to open. Reluctantly, you did, and allowed the seemingly nasty medicine to roll down your throat.

You retched all of a sudden, and she took you to the bathroom immediately, where you threw up all your dinner from the evening. You leaned against Florence, crying your eyes out as she cleaned up your mouth and face.

"It's okay, love bug." She kissed your cheeks, "It's just a cold."

She then lay you down next to her, and stroked your h/c hair till you fell fast asleep.

--Time Skip--

Florence was glad you'd never been a fussy girl. But holy fucknuckles if you got sick, you were the most fussy child on the planet.

She'd been struggling to feed you some soup that afternoon, and was ready to pass out when you pushed the spoon away for the third time, grumbling. She'd placed your hearing aids on, because she couldn't sign and feed you at the same time.

"Come on, love bug. Two more bites, that's it." She sighed softly, using her sleeve to wipe your mouth. You shook your head, whining and fussing about.

"One spoon for Mumma?" She tried, but you were stubborn. You would not eat the damned soup.

'We do not snap at the sick little child, Florence. Keep your shit together.' she thought to herself. You gagged suddenly, and tried keeping it in your mouth, which she noticed. Cupping her palm and holding it in front of your mouth she gently said, "Spit it out." When you looked at her shyly she nodded, "It's okay. Mumma's gonna help you."

You then let the acidity rise, allowing it to fall past your lips, into her hand, and without a grimace Florence went to the bathroom to clean her hands.

You began to cry out for her as soon as she left the room, and she ran back in to pick you up in her arms. "Ears on." She smiled, increasing the volume on your hearing aids a little. Thankfully, no one was there and it was silent in the house, so you immediately stopped your wailing. You began to pat her shoulder, saying, "Want Auntie Raffie." Over and over again.

Placing you on the bed and playing your favourite cartoon on it with a low volume, she picked up her phone and went to the next room to call up her mother. 

"Mum, please help. Y/n's sick and she will not stop crying, fussing or turning off her hearing aids. It is chaos in the house. And now she wants Raffie--" Your mother sighed into the phone, running her hand through her hair in exhaustion. 

"It's alright, love." Said Deborah, "Don't worry about the little love bug. She's got an inconvenience and she's not yet able to figure out how to handle it." 

"I'll try. I love her so much, but sometimes she can be so fussy--" Florence groaned, making sure not to speak too loudly. 

Deborah laughed, "Hang in there, love. I'll be right there." She then cut the call, and Florence went into the other room, to see you leaning against Billie, while Mickey Mouse Toons played on a low volume. 

"Hey, love bug." She slid into bed next to you, gently nudging Billie aside. You curled into her warm side, humming softly. "Feeling any better?" 

"No." You sniffed heavily. She grabbed a tissue and made you blow your nose, to prevent a blocked nose. You continued humming, liking how it vibrated in your weak ears. You placed your hands behind them, switching off your hearing aids. "Ears off." You grinned.

The doorbell rang, and Florence heaved a sigh of relief. She ran to open the door, and grinned at her mother and sister, who both engulfed her in a bear hug. 

"Where's the little sickling?" Raffie laughed. 

"Upstairs, watching cartoons with her ears off." Florence replied, leading them upstairs. 

When you saw Raffie and Deborah, you immediately switched your hearing aids on, before leaping out of bed with a renowned energy. Raffie picked you up deftly, and placed you back under the covers, saying, "You're sick, beanie. Stay in bed for a bit, okay?" 

"Have you done any cleaning up since last night, Flo?" Deborah asked.

"Shit. I just realised--" Florence massaged the side of her head, "I have not done anything since yesterday." 

"No worries. You go take a nap, and I'll handle the chores. Raffie'll keep Y/n/n company." Deborah smiled, ushering Florence to the next room. You were watching cartoons with Raffie, who somehow managed to get you to turn your hearing aids back on. 

--Time Skip--

You had fallen asleep by the third episode of Mickey Mouse, and were cuddled into your aunt's side. She was fast asleep as well, and Florence couldn't help but 'aww' at the sight. You had caught the hem of Raffie's shirt in your hand, and were not letting go, even when she woke up. 

"How do I move her?!" The girl exclaimed quietly. Florence nodded and lifted your limp figure up, smiling at the soft gurgling noise you made. 

"Y/n/n...it's time for Auntie Raffie to go home...want to say bye-bye?" Florence whispered to you in a sing-song voice. 

"No..." you whispered hoarsely, "No go. Stay." 

"I'll be back tomorrow, beanie." Raffie kissed your forehead. "Time for you to sleep." 

You held her finger tightly and were refusing to let go, till Florence sung you a lullaby to get you back to sleep. "You both should go while she's still sleeping. It'll be nightmarish if she sees you guys go." 

When they did leave, you allowed yourself to be tucked into bed, while Florence lay with you that night. 

---

SO CUTEEEEE. tBH, I quite liked it!