002.

JANUARY 16TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
12:33 PM

"please, tillie, don't by any means feel like you have to come to the game tonight. if you're going to be triggered or something, i don't want you coming."

"i'll be fine, chris," tillie responded to her sister. "it's your first routine as head cheerleader, right? i wouldn't miss it."

two figures suddenly sat either side of  tillie, and one across from her next to chrissy.

"hey, babe," jason said, kissing chrissy's cheek. he looked down towards his tray of food and grabbed some fries, shoving them into his mouth. "what are we talking about?"

"oh, i was just saying how tils shouldn't come to the game if she's going to be uncomfortable," chrissy explained.

"why would she be uncomfortable?"

"jason," chrissy spoke under her breath. "you know why."

"oh, you mean because of her claims about myles assaulting her?" jason scoffed, raising his brows in disbelief.

matilda looked down at her lap, hearing the two teammates sat either side of her chuckling along with jason.

"jason!" chrissy hissed. "seriously?"

"i'm just saying that myles said she was the one all over him. she was drunk and asking for it. he basically did her a favor," jason laughed, before turning towards and diverting his attention purely to matilda. "you're just too embarrassed to admit how badly you wanted him."

"i—," matilda started. "fuck this. i can't be dealing with this today," she said, standing up from the table and grabbing her bag. she began heading towards the doors to leave the cafeteria, pulling her backpack over her shoulder.

her and jason actually got along quite well when they first met, however things changed when the girl accused one of his best friends and teammates of raping her.

"just cause you know he's right!" one of jason's friends, andy, echoed back at her.

ignoring him, she pushed threw the doors and bumped into two freshmen wearing matching t-shirts. "out of my way, dipshits," she hissed at them.

the two boys immediately moved to let her pass, watching her retreating figure. "well, someone has an attitude problem."

📻🪐🏹

JANUARY 16TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
15:56 PM

stopping the abba on her walkman, she removed the device off of her and put in her bag, lightly humming the rest of the tune to herself. matilda followed the crowd into the gymnasium, scanning the stands for a place to sit.

"tillie, over here!" chrissy hollered, gesturing towards a spare seat where she was sat with the rest of the cheer team, beside the bench full of the basketball players.

she reluctantly dragged herself over there, preparing for the rest of the cheer squad to fuss over her in attempt of getting in the good books with chrissy.

"oh my god, your hair looks so cute today, matilda!" tina told her the second she took a seat.

"um, it's one of the two ways i usually wear it, but thanks," tillie replied, still unsure of how to respond to compliments even after her eighteen years of living.