047.

MARCH 26TH, 1986
📍the upside down - the wheeler's house
21:40 PM

after a long journey through the woods and another earthquake, the five had finally made it to nancy's home.

the brunette pushed open her front door and stepped inside, and the entire house was covered in vines.

"might be time to get a maid, wheeler," robin commented.

"come on," nancy said, directing them towards their bedroom. "i don't want to stay here longer than we have to."

they headed upstairs and into the girl's bedroom, where she took a small box from the top her wardrobe and began opening it, revealing a pair of satin heels.

"those aren't guns," eddie told her.

"these heels are a bit pointy," robin spoke. "but i was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile."

"i don't understand," nancy told them, a look of confusion on her face.

"do you think you left them somewhere else?" tillie asked. "i mean, you have younger siblings, right? maybe you moved them to keep them out the way."

"the top of the wardrobe, where a six-year-old can't reach, is keeping them out of the way. believe me, i know where i keep my guns," nancy told her. she grabbed a pile of notecards and began flicking through them.

"i get that grades are important to you, but perhaps studying can wait til we get out of here?" robin remarked.

nancy shook her head, pursing her lower lip out. "these are from sophomore chemistry," she informed them, before noticing the walls. "and this.. this wallpaper, this is old wallpaper," she began circling around the room, pointing out certain things. "and this mirror, this went to a yard sale. and you, you're not supposed to be here. i gave you to cousin joanna two years ago," she picked up her diary and turned the pages, staring down at them.

"nancy, you're freaking me out," robin told the girl.

"i think the reason that my guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet," the brunette explained. "this diary should be full of entries. it's not. the last entry is november 6th, 1983. the day will went missing. the day the gate opened."

"i'm sorry, what are you trying to say?" matilda queried. "that this is your house from the past?"

"exactly," nancy confirmed. "we're in the past."

"dustin! dustin!" they heard steve holler from downstairs, making them make their way to him with haste. "can you hear me? dustin? du- hello? hel..hello?"

"maybe he really does have rabies," robin said lightly.

"hello! hello?" steve continued.

"steve, what are you doing?" nancy hissed.

"hello!" steve yelled, turning and shining the flashlight right in their faces. he walked up to them. "he's here. henderson. that little shit, he's here. he's like.. he's in the walls or something. just listen." complete silence. "dustin. dustin! dustin! can you hear me?"

"that brings us to the question you first raised. how and why is there a gate at lovers lake?" dustin's voice said.

the other four began joining steve in the search for dustin, screaming the boy's name as they looked through the house.

"all right, either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag," steve panted.

"will found a way," nancy stated, moving towards the light switch and beginning to flick it on and off repeatedly. "he found a way to speak to joyce through the lights."