028.

MARCH 17TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
15:03 PM

"hey, chrissy," tillie called over at the blonde.

chrissy immediately turned around, rushing over to her. "tillie, oh my god. are you okay? what happened?"

"nothing," the older twin shook her off. "just myles. i'm okay now though."

"good," chrissy smiled. "is it because of eddie munson?"

matilda furrowed her brows, feigning confusion. "what? eddie?"

"yeah, he ran out of the classroom after you.."

"no he didn't," tillie shook her head.

"how would you know? you weren't there," chrissy reminded, her brows softly furrowed.

"yeah, well, he might've ran out of class but it's wasn't after me. i was in the toilets," she explained, hoping it was enough to convince her.

it wasn't. chrissy wasn't dumb, but she acted oblivious to amuse her sister. "oh, okay then."

"i also needed to tell you that i'm staying out tonight, um, at kate's," she told her.

"kate's?"

"yeah, it's like a birthday sleepover thing, you know," she continued, making up a story. "it's gonna be fun."

"yeah, for sure," chrissy nodded along, but she knew something else.

"i'm going right now, so i won't see you til tomorrow. and you'll need jason to take you to school."

"that's fine," chrissy smiled, followed with a yawn. she had cheerleading practice next and didn't feel up to it at all.

"great, well, see you tomorrow then," matilda smiled, taking a few small steps back down the corridor.

"yeah, see you soon."

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 17TH, 1986
📍cunningham house
15:23 PM

"stay here, okay?" tillie told him, opening up the car door and stepping out.

"i'll be waiting, princess," eddie replied.

with a small smile, tillie began walking the short distance from eddie's van to her house, before entering.

she headed upstairs and into her room, opening her closet and scanning for the right clothes.

she ended up picking out some grey sweatpants and an oversized tee that she could wear for bed, as well as an outfit for the following day, packing all the items in her bag. heading into her bathroom, she turned the light on and pulled open one of the drawers, taking out her hairbrush and other products she needed, packing them as well.

"matilda? chrissy?" she heard her mother's voice holler up the stairs. she must've arrived home while tillie was preoccupied with her packing. "who's there?"

"it's just me, mother," she called back down, before tugging the bag over her shoulders and making her way downstairs.

"and, where are you going?" samantha inquired, taking note of the bag on her daughter's shoulders.