032.

MARCH 19TH, 1986
📍cunningham house
07:59 PM

walking down the stairs, matilda was surprised to see her father sat at the dining table eating breakfast. usually, he'd left for work by the time she's woken up.

"no work today, father?" she asked, pouring herself a glass of water.

"i'm going in late," he told her. "i have a suit fitting for the chaplin's event."

"speaking of," samantha interrupted. "i don't see you losing any weight."

"mother," matilda sighed. "there's no way i'm going to be able to fit into that dress."

"that's because you're not trying," her mother hissed.

"i am!" tillie exclaimed. "it's like i just can't lose weight. i'm really trying, i swear."

the older woman shook her head is disgust. "just go make sure chrissy is awake, please."

matilda nodded, thankful for an excuse to leave, and headed up the stairs towards her twin's room. she knocked on the door, receiving no response. "chrissy? it's tillie." again, she received no reply, so she gently pushed the door open.

she entered and found chrissy in her bathroom, struggling to keep awake as she applied makeup.

"chrissy?" she called softly, making the girl jump. "sorry, i didn't mean to scare you."

"it's okay," chrissy said, going back to applying blush to her cheeks.

"chrissy, what's going on with you?"

"nothing, i just haven't slept," the girl replied, trying to sound convincing but matilda saw right through it.

she grabbed the brush out of her twin's hand. "here, let me do it," she said, before beginning to do the girl's usual makeup.

"thanks, tils," chrissy sighed happily, leaning back on the bathroom counter.

"we can get some coffee on the way to school if you want?" matilda offered, using her finger to blend some concealer under her sister's eyes. "i think you need it."

chrissy nodded. "we'll have to be quick, though," she stated. "i have a meeting with the counselor."

"what, the school counselor?" tillie queried, her brows gently furrowed. "how come?"

chrissy shrugged. "i thought she might be able to offer some tips to help me sleep or something."

"okay," tillie hummed, before stepping back from her sister. "you're done."

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 19TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
12:35 PM

"hey, princess."

tillie looked up upon hearing his voice. "hey," she smiled. the two of them were meeting at their spot at lunch.

"you okay?" eddie asked, taking his usual seat opposite her.

"yeah, fine," she said in response. "before i forget though," she opened her backpack and pulled out his hoodie, passing it back to him. "thought you'd want this back."