013.

FEBRUARY 10TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
16:33 PM

the basketball match was well underway, and frankly matilda was bored. the only reason she was here was to support chrissy during her cheer routine, but that was over and done with a while back.

unlike the previous game, myles was playing today. and everytime he scored, or helped one of his teammates to, he would find matilda in the crowd and wink at her, as if she was his proud, little girlfriend.

"isn't jason so talented?" chrissy blushed, loud enough for the blonde boy to hear. he turned around and blew her a kiss, making tillie throw up a little in her mouth.

however, she couldn't help the tinge of jealousy she felt at her twin's perfect relationship. though she wasn't jason's biggest fan, he did love chrissy, and chrissy adored him.

"he's so cute," chrissy fawned, turning to look at her sister. "don't you want someone like that, tils? someone to love you?"

"i love you, matilda, " myles said, intruding on the conversation. he leant down towards the mentioned blonde, tucking her hair behind her ear and whispering, "well, i love how good you feel."

"i will punch you again," she warned him, her voice wavering slightly.

myles took a seat beside her, taking a sip from his water bottle, still talking in a hushed tone so chrissy couldn't hear. "hm, see that's what i don't understand, mattie—"

"don't call me that," she spat.

"—matilda. you were strong enough to punch and break my nose the other day, yet you weren't strong enough to push me off you. funny, isn't it? do you wanna know my theory? i think you enjoyed it.."

"myles, go away," chrissy snapped, seeing her sister visibly pale. "myles!"

the boy raised his arms in defense, stepping up from his seat. "you know i'm right," he told tillie, before reentering the game.

"you okay?" chrissy asked her sister.

matilda nodded. "i just need some fresh air," she replied, standing up to leave the hall.

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 10TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
16:41 PM

she found herself at the boy's toilets again, entering and closing the door behind her, leaning against it as she steadied her breathing.

"i knew you would come here," a voice said, and she instantly recognized it as eddie's.

she turned around, and saw him sat on the floor, the same place as they were last time. "sorry," she said, wiping a tear that had fell. "erm, i'll- i'll go.."

she grabbed the door handle, beginning to exit. "no, please!" eddie hollered after her. "please, just sit down and talk."

biting her lip, matilda's eyes wandered back and forth between the empty space next to eddie and the door handle her hand was wrapped around. sighing, she dropped her grip on the latter and slowly walked over to eddie, sliding down the wall and sitting beside him.