056.

MARCH 27TH, 1986
📍the upside down — the creel house
23:17 PM

tillie felt herself slipping out of consciousness from the lack of oxygen. if she didn't get free from these restraints very soon, she, alongside robin, nancy and steve would all die.

she felt a tear escape from her eye as she gasped for breath, imagining eddie wiping it off like he would, telling her how pretty she looked when she cried. thinking about him offered her some comfort in, what she thought would be, her final moments.

and just as she felt herself slipping away, the vines retracted and the four of them dropped to the floor. desperately, the four of them began coughing, gasping for air.

"i don't believe in a higher power, or divine intervention," robin croaked. "but that was a miracle."

"agreed," tillie groaned, reaching up to touch her forehead, making her hiss in pain as she removed her fingers and saw they were covered in blood.

"then we better not waste it," nancy replied, grabbing hold of her gun.

nodding, tillie found her spears through the dead vines, ignoring the sinking feeling in her heart that something was wrong. she stood up alongside the others.

"phase four," steve said as nancy cocked her gun.

"flambé," robin and tillie smiled together.

robin pulled out one of her explosives, steve held his axe tightly, nancy prepared to shoot and tillie gripped her spears in the palm of her hands, ready to throw one of them straight through vecna. the blonde inhaled steadily as they walked into the attic, prepared to fight.

they found his body floating, with numerous tentacles protruding from his back. his eyes were closed and his arms were spread out, concentrating on what they thought he was doing — killing max. they had no idea that he'd already gotten to the redhead and that he was currently mid fight with a teen girl with superpowers, and losing.

robin shrugged her backpack off her shoulders, pulling out more of her molotov cocktails and handing them to steve and nancy, keeping one for herself. she pulled out a lighter and lit the fabric of the explosives on fire.

tillie gripped her weapon tightly, raising it so the sharp point was beside her face.

"tillie, you ready?" steve asked.

"as i'll ever be," she replied, taking a deep and steady breath.

steve began the countdown. "three, two..."

"chrissy, this is for you, little sis," the girl mumbled, moving her feet wider apart. "i love you always and forever, angel."

"one.."

the three hurled the molotov's at vecna, whilst tillie ran alongside them, releasing her spear powerfully. they watched as it went straight through his abdomen, simultaneously as the explosives went off, causing a large crashing sound as vecna lit on fire, crying in agony.

the four bent down, protecting their faces from the fire as they watched vecna burn, fighting with himself as he fell to the ground.

he landed on his hands and knees, looking up and staring at tillie dead in the eyes. the girl quickly stepped back in line with the others as he slowly stood up, angrily taking a step towards them and pulled the spear from his torso, discarding of it on the floor.

robin began lighting another molotov, and nancy lifted her gun to shoot.

tillie looked down at the other spear in her hand. "second times the charm, i guess," she hissed, raising it up again and preparing to throw.

she glanced towards the other girls, making eye contact as they silently agreed on what they were about to do.

"strong, independent women," robin remarked with a smile, before flinging the cocktail towards vecna.

he groaned in pain again, as nancy began attacking him with gun shots, making him step back with each bullet.

as tillie saw him approaching the window, she tilted her head to the side, cracking her neck. "i take back what i said chrissy. this one is for you."

she darted forward, until she was only a few feet away from vecna, before forcefully heaving her weapon into the creature's chest, impaling him straight through the heart, if he even had one, that is.

he stumbled back from the impact, flying straight through the window behind him. they heard his screams of misery as he fell several floors down to, hopefully, his death and landing in front of the house.

panting heavily, tillie wiped the sweat from her forehead, turning around to face the others.

"remind me to never piss any of you girls off," steve commented. "because that was honestly terrifying."

"do you think he's dead?" nancy asked, lowering her gun.

"he better be," tillie seethed, picking up the other spear from the floor.

"come on," robin said, walking towards the door. "let's go make sure of it."

they nodded, hastily making their way down the long staircase and out through the front door.

tillie expected to see the burning corpse of the man that took her sister, but that wasn't the case. "are you fucking kidding me?"

there, in front of them, was absolutely nothing. no body. no man squirming in pain. just nothing, but a few singes in the ground.

the fact that there was nothing made tillie want to breakdown. after everything he'd put her and her friends through, it angered her deeply that there was no solid proof of his demise. all she wanted to do now was go back to eddie, leap in his arms and have him tell her that everything was going to be okay.

eddie.

the name brought a sick feeling into tillie's stomach. she'd somehow taken nancy's words from earlier and listened to them, forgetting all about eddie as they battled vecna. but now, thinking about him, she could tell something wasn't right. something had happened to him.

"eddie," she told the others, beginning to walk away. "something's happened."

"what do you mean? how do you know?" steve hollered, as she picked up her pace and made her way towards the woods. "wait! tillie! tillie!"

the blonde turned around, looking at them as they approached her. she felt a tear roll down her cheek as she spoke shakily. "i just know, okay? i just know."

the other three looked between each other, noting how uneasy she looked. they nodded and began to run with her through the woods as she headed back to eddie.

her eddie.

📻🪐🏹

slay girl queen pussy boss 💅

i can't write action scenes so don't judge me please xo

the rest of the book is going to be posted in one big update at some point over these next few days, mainly because i think it would be more heartfelt and sentimental for you guys to read it all in one, instead of it being separated, if you know what i mean??
it will make more sense to y'all when you read it <3

WORD COUNT — 1155.