048.

MARCH 26TH, 1986
📍the upside down
22:07 PM

"we think we have a theory that can help with that!" dustin told them, talking about a way to allow the others back through the gate.

eddie turned to his right happily, prepared to smile at tillie at their triumph of escaping, only to be met with an empty space. "mattie?" he whispered. "guys, where did she go?"

"what?" steve asked, turning around. "she was right—"

"shit!" eddie exclaimed, before attempting to call out for her. "mattie? mattie?"

robin darted upstairs and they began to search the house, still yelling her name, but found her nowhere. they regrouped in the middle.

"guys, what's going on?" they heard dustin echo. "where did you go?"

nancy quickly kneeled down and began writing a message to them.

"til..lie, oh tillie. what happened to tillie?" dustin questioned. "go..ne. gone? tillie's gone?"

the brunette responded with a tick, letting them know they were correct, before standing up and joining the others. "let's not panic, okay?"

"no, i think we should panic," robin replied. "considering the fact that an undead wizard is killing people, one of them being tillie's goddamn twin sister, i say we panic!"

"well.. max said earlier that all of vecna's targets have some sort of trauma, right?" nancy started, directing her question to eddie. "does tillie?"

"yeah, and she has a shit ton of it too," eddie replied frustratedly, running his hand through his hair.

"calm down, man," steve told him softly, putting a hand on his shoulder. "we'll find her."

nancy noticed a figure out the window, standing still and facing the woods. she could tell instantly by the short, blonde hair and clothing who it was. "i think i already have, and it's not looking good.."

📻🪐🏹

"what do you want from me?" tillie hissed, a long tendril snaking around her stomach to keep her in place.

"you're a smart girl, matilda. you know what i want," vecna replied, reaching up and using his clawed, slender hands to move some hair from her forehead. "besides, didn't i tell you my plan earlier? you're going to join chrissy," he gestured to a fleshy pillar, where chrissy's twisted body was embedded in.

tillie let out a small audible gasp, but didn't let the fear or sadness make her give up as she continued fighting against her restraints.

"..and fred," the creature continued, pointing to the boy in the pillar besides chrissy. "and myles, of course. i did you a favor there."

"a favor?" tillie scoffed. "what, right after you took my twin sister from me?"

"i realize now that you should've been my first target," vecna replied. "i don't know why i didn't spare chrissy and go straight for you."

"i don't know why either," tillie agreed with him, struggling to breathe as one of his tendrils made its way to her neck. "surely, i would've been a far easier choice."