035.

MARCH 21ST, 1986
📍hawkins high school
18:53 PM

sitting with her face rested on her palms, matilda watched the game blankly. she was bored, their team was losing and she wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep.

"chrissy," tillie sighed, dragging on the last syllable. "you literally have no idea how incredibly bored i am right now."

"we are twenty three minutes into the game, tils," chrissy told her in response.

"and?" tillie exclaimed. "still bored."

chrissy turned around to the bench behind her, where matilda was sitting. "if you're so bored, why don't you go see your boyfriend in the toilet like you do every other game, princess?"

rolling her eyes at her twin's teasing comment, matilda crossed her arms over stomach, leaning forwards. "i just might actually."

"he's really nice, by the way," chrissy smiled. "i'm glad you have him."

tillie's eyes furrowed. "when did you—"

before she could ask how chrissy knew he was so nice, the tigers scored and the entirety of the cheer team and stands stood up and roared, leaving tillie sat in a state of confusion.

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 21ST, 1986
📍hawkins high school
19:36 PM

trailing out of the school with chrissy, jason and several members of the basketball team, tillie smiled seeing eddie and his club members exiting the building too, a wide grin on the boy's face.

she watched him for a moment, before he seemed to sense her gaze and looked up, meeting her eye. he smiled even more than he already was, waving goodbye to his friends before walking to his van, which coincidentally had been parked right beside tillie's car.

"you seem cheery," she spoke to him as she unlocked her car and he did the same.

"you don't," he replied. "why so glum, princess?

"boredom. tiredness," she told him. "but also extremely happy that i have the next two weeks to do whatever i want."

"like spending time with me?"

"hm," tillie said, acting as though she was thinking really hard. "yeah, i don't know. i'll have to check my schedule, try and fit you in."

chuckling, eddie rolled his eyes. he opened his mouth to say something, but chrissy interrupted the two by running towards them.

tillie noticed eddie and chrissy share a look, before the latter turned to her. "i know i said i wasn't, but i think i'm going to go to jason's party after all."

"oh, okay," tillie nodded. "are you going to be drinking? do you need me to pick you up later?"

"er, no, i'll be okay," chrissy told her in response. "thanks, though."

"okay, well," tillie started pulling her car door open. she saw her twin and friend look at each other again, but it wasn't just a casual look. she could tell they were both hiding something. "i better get going anyways. um, what do you want me to tell mother?"

"just tell her i'm at jason's," chrissy answered. "i won't be home too late anyways."

"okay, well i guess i'll just see you at home then," tillie smiled, getting into the driver's seat. "bye, eddie."

"see you, princess," he told her.

"see you at home, tils," chrissy bid goodbye, watching her sister pull out of the parking lot and begin to drive home. she turned to eddie. "you ready to go?"

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 21ST, 1986
📍cunningham house
19:58 PM

pulling into the front of her house, tillie couldn't stop thinking about eddie and chrissy. something was going on, and she couldn't shake the sinking feeling in her stomach.

she decided she was probably being paranoid. i mean, the two people she was closest to wouldn't lie to her, right?

sighing, she got out of the car and walked up her drive into her house, seeing her parents sat watching tv in the living room.

"matilda, chrissy, is that you?" her mother hollered.

she walked into the living room. "no, just me. chrissy's gone with jason to have some drinks and stuff. i don't know if you've heard but they won the championship, so they're celebrating.

"oh yes," her father nodded. "it just came through the radio. why didn't you join them for beers?"

"huh," her mother scoffed. "as if she would do that. are you forgetting who is on the team? myles layton, her supposed attacker."

tillie licked her lips and looked down, trying to ignore her mother's remark. "i'm just tired," she told them. "i'm going to go to bed. see you tomorrow."

without listening to anything else said, she turned on her heels and headed upstairs to her room.

she planned on taking a shower, so she grabbed some pajamas to wear and lied them on her bed, consisting of some shorts, a t-shirt and eddie's hoodie, which she had hardly taken off since receiving.

she made her way into her bathroom, beginning to undress as she did so. she hoped a wash would rinse away any of her worries and ease her mind.

however, it didn't, and she fell asleep with the dark thought that something bad was going to happen.

and she was right.

📻🪐🏹

i think we all know what's about to happen..

this chapter is very short but the next one is long i promise

okay so i've written the first few chapters to a steve harrington fanfic, idk whether to post it or not.
it's called starcourt, and it's about steve having a crush on the girl that works in the restaurant opposite him. let me know if you guys would like me to post it!!

WORD COUNT — 931.