041.

MARCH 23RD, 1986
📍reefer rick's boathouse
09:12 AM

sensing movement and noise outside, eddie stirred awake. he looked down and smiled and the blonde still dozing and bundled in his arms. glancing back up, he saw a figure swiftly move past the window.

"shit," he whispered, looking down at tillie, unsure what to do. "shit."

the door flung open loudly, and four people walked in; dustin, robin, max and steve. eddie exhaled upon seeing them, thankful they weren't somebody else.

"shh," eddie hushed as they walked in. "she's still sleeping."

"delivery servi—" dustin's eyebrows furrowed mid sentence as he looked at the two of them laying in the boat. "why are you shirtless? and why is your hand up her shirt..?"

"did you not hear me, man?" eddie hissed. "shut up."

tillie began to gently wake up herself upon hearing the voices. "it's fine," she mumbled. "i'm up."

she opened her eyes and tried to adjust to the world, blushing as she remembered the position she'd fallen asleep in. slowly, she sat up and eddie let out a dramatic groan.

"you're killing me, mats," he sighed.

"you're the one who told me to get on top of you," she reminded him.

"yeah, because i knew you wouldn't be able to handle it if i was on top," the boy replied.

robin, steve and dustin looked between each other with a smirk, before bursting out into laughter. tillie rolled her eyes and began climbing out of the boat, and max held her arm out to help.

"real mature guys," tillie muttered.

"yeah, what are you, twelve?" max replied, as eddie climbed out of the boat.

tillie reached down and grabbed his t-shirt, throwing it in his direction and trying to to stare at his abs as she did so.

"thanks," he told her, pulling the hellfire shirt over his head. once he was done, he grabbed their jackets from the boat and passed her the hoodie, which she immediately put on. "cold?" he asked, offering the blonde his jacket too.

she politely shook her head. "i'm fine, thanks."

eddie nodded and pulled his gaze away from her, grabbing the bag of food from dustin and rummaging through it. he pulled out some cereal and began eating it straight from the box, taking a seat on the edge of the boat. he held the box out to ask tillie if she wanted any, to which she denied.

"so we got, uh, some good news and some bad news," dustin began. "how do you prefer it?"

"bad news first, always," eddie responded, his mouth full of honeycomb cereal.

"all right. bad news," dustin said with a nod. "we tapped into the hawkins pd dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for not only you, but tillie too," he explained. "also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed chrissy and that tillie is helping you."

"like a hundred percent kind of convinced," max clarified.

"and the good news?" eddie asked.