027.

MARCH 17TH, 1986
📍cunningham house
07:42 AM

matilda stood in her bathroom, running her fingers through her hair and trying to decide if she wanted to wear it up or down.

"hey, tillie?" chrissy hollered, entering the girls bedroom. "tils?"

"i'm in the bathroom," matilda replied.

heading towards the bathroom, chrissy opened the door fully to speak to her sister. "morning."

"good morning," tillie smiled, before catching sight of her sister in the mirror reflection. chrissy looked pale and had heavy, dark eye bags sitting under her lower lashes. "you okay? you don't look well."

"yeah, um," chrissy started, speaking softly. "i've not been sleeping the best recently. i think i've just been stressed with practice and exams and everything," she explained. "um, but do you have any pills? i have a headache."

"oh, yeah, top draw in my nightstand," matilda told her.

"thanks," chrissy replied, going to search for the ibuprofen. "hey, left or right?"

"left," tillie told her twin, staring at herself in the mirror. chrissy came back into the bathroom, a pill in hand and put it in her mouth, turning on the tap and using her hand to scoop some water into her mouth, before swallowing the pill as tillie watched in shock. "are you sure you're okay, chris?"

"fine," chrissy said. "i'm fine, really. i should go get ready, though."

tillie nodded along, still not convinced that her sister was doing well. "wait, before you go, hair up or down?"

chrissy cocked her head to the side, analyzing matilda's hair. "down. it's all curly today, it looks cute."

tillie smiled in satisfaction. "thanks."

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 17TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
14:01 PM

walking into math class, and the final class of the day, matilda took her usual seat towards the back beside chrissy.

shortly after she arrived so did eddie, who caught her eye and winked at her playfully, before sitting down on the row in front of her to the left. tillie smiled and looked down, as chrissy eyed her curiously.

before she could ask what just happened, several rowdy members of the basketball team, including myles, entered the classroom, taking up the spare seats in the front two rows, which meant that myles was sat next to eddie, much to the latter's delight.

there was a light chatter among the students, whilst tillie simply waited absentmindedly for the teacher to begin. chrissy was making heart eyes at jason and the other blonde felt extremely awkward.

"alright, alright. quieten down," the teacher, miss lahey, spoke. "i'm going hand out some rulers and paper, we're going to be doing graphs today..."

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 17TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
14:39 PM