010.

FEBRUARY 7TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
8:31 AM

walking down the corridor to her locker, tillie's mind tried to focus on her music and not the back of the boy she could see. a few meters in front of her, stood eddie at his locker.

she arrived at the locker and put in her code, opening it up to grab her english and history book, which she needed for her lessons that morning. she could feel someone's stare on her, and knew it was belonged to a certain long, brown haired boy.

suddenly, she felt someone grab her ass, and she froze. "hey, gorgeous," he whispered, squeezing her ass once again, this time harder.

quickly turning around, she slammed her fist into his nose, making him stumble back as blood rushed from the injury.

shocked gasps echoed down the corridor, as matilda's jaw widened herself. she looked down at her hand, still closed up into a tight fist, and back up at the boy, in disbelief at what she just did.

"you bitch," myles grunted, holding his hand over his broken nose to suppress the bleeding.

murmurs began between students, as tillie's eyes searched the crowd for one person.

"what is going on here?" the principal's voice echoed, pushing his way through the group of teenagers. "let me through!" his eyes landed on myles' bleeding nose, before he discovered tillie's hand balled into a fist. "mr layton, get to the nurse. miss cunningham, come with me please," he sighed. "the rest of you, get to first period!"

slamming her locker door shut, tillie adjusted her bag on her shoulders, and followed the man, massaging her hand to relive some of the pain.

she tried to pay no attention to the whispers or the stares, but when she felt herself nearing eddie, she couldn't help but look up from her feet. they met gazes, and tillie took note of the proud expression he wore, a small smile present. she let her eyes linger on him for a moment, before looking down and following the teacher to his office.

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 7TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
11:01 AM

arriving at her history class, tillie was confused at the classroom rearrangement. tables had been moved around the room and pushed together, so they were now sat in pairs instead of singles.

"okay, settle down, i know it looks different," mr dorton announced as his pupils entered the classroom. "just go stand in a line at the back, please."

once everyone, including eddie, had arrived and was stood against the back wall, the teacher began speaking again.

"we're going to be doing something a little different over these next few weeks. i'm going to be trying to do more partner based activities, if it doesn't work out then we'll go back to usual, okay?" mr dorton said to the class.

"now, over the course of the next few weeks, there will be an assignment you and your partner must complete outside of school. before any of you complain or start choosing your own partner, i picked the pairs myself. completely randomly."

many girls in the class sighed dramatically, huffing at the low likelihood they would be paired with their friends. tillie was just praying, to god, that she wouldn't end up with eddie.