060.

MARCH 28TH, 1986
📍steve's house
20:49 PM

opening the door and entering steve's house, the two friends were surprised to see that more people had arrived and the smell of pizza in the air.

eddie, now properly clothed, sat on the sofa alongside dustin, lucas and erica in conversation about d and d. he heard the door open and looked up with a smile. "hey."

"hi?" tillie replied, confusion evident in her voice as she removed steve's sunglasses. "what's going on?"

nancy and robin appeared from the kitchen. "well," nancy started. "since you and eddie are leaving, we thought we'd throw you a little going away party."

tillie smiled softly, turning to look at steve. "did you know about this?"

"nope," he replied. "just as in the dark as you."

"oh, sorry, steve, but we kind of raided your refrigerator and pantry," robin told the boy. "but it's fine because we made pizza."

"it better be decent pizza," steve responded. "robin, you didn't make it, did you? because i'm sure tillie and eddie don't want to be sent away with food poisoning."

"haha, very funny," robin replied blankly. "but no, nancy made it. i just watched and ate the toppings."

"thank god," steve sighed, taking a seat on his sofa.

tillie walked up to the sofa eddie was on, perching on the arm, which his back was against. he leaned backwards slightly, placing his head in her lap.

"does that not hurt?" she mumbled. "how did you even get down the stairs?"

"i took a lot of pills," he said quietly, looking up at her. "and smoked a little weed. but i brushed my teeth afterwards and sprayed some shit on me to try and get rid of the smell because i know how much you hate it."

tillie smiled at him, gently pushing his hair out of his face.

"gag," dustin remarked, watching the two of them. "can't you be all lovey dovey away from us? you know, after you've faked your death and ran off into the sunset?"

eddie sat up, removing his head from the girls lap. "weren't you the one actively encouraging me to tell her how i felt about her?"

"sadly," dustin nodded. "i wasn't expecting this. i take it all back now."

"speaking of faking our deaths, are you a good actor, dustin?" tillie wondered. "because i feel like you're not and you better not blow this for us."

"pfft, me?" dustin chuckled. "no."

"you're going to have to tell the rest of hellfire that i died, man," eddie said to the curly haired boy.

"technically you did," the younger boy responded. "it'll be fine. if i don't deliver a convincing enough performance, erica can just step in and threaten them into believing me."

"damn right i will," erica said proudly.

nancy re-emerged from the kitchen, bringing out a large plate with a cheese pizza on it. "okay, so we made a cheese one, a pepperoni one and a chicken and sweetcorn one, because eddie said that was your favorite," she said, directing her last words at tillie.