033.

MARCH 20TH, 1986
📍cunningham house
08:09 AM

"you ready to go?" chrissy asked her twin, pulling her bag over her shoulders. "i have another meeting with miss kelly."

"who?"

"the counselor," chrissy answered.

"oh, yeah, just wait a second," tillie replied, feeling around her pockets in confusion. "i feel like i'm forgetting something."

chrissy began listing off items that "keys? notebook? pencil case? boyfriend's hoodie?" she teased.

though she rolled her eyes in response to her sister's comment, it actually made her remember what was missing. she quickly turned upstairs and headed to her room, grabbing the box of nail varnish from her nightstand and picking out the dark purple color, before putting it back and heading downstairs.

"found it?" chrissy queried.

"yep, got it, let's go," tillie replied, opening the front door and heading out to her car.

🪐📻🏹

MARCH 20TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
11:49 AM

"did you bring the—"

"nail polish?" tillie finished for eddie, the two of them sat in history class. "yeah, almost forgot it, though."

"what colour is it?" the boy wondered.

"it's like a— i'll just show you," she said, grabbing her bag off the classroom floor and opening the front pocket, pulling out the small bottle. "it's like a dark.. grape kind of color," she tried to explain.

"i like it," eddie smiled in approval. he held his hands out in front of her. "i peeled all the blue off last night. it was really satisfying actually."

"yeah it is," matilda agreed, showing him that she'd done the same.

"have we all finished the worksheet?" mr dorton asked the class.

eddie and tillie smiled at each other before looking straight down, pencil in hand. they most certainly had not finished the worksheet.

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 20TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
12:36 PM

sitting down at their spot, tillie pulled out the nail varnish from her bag. "here, put your hands flat on the table," she ordered him.

dramatically, he slammed them down, like a hungry child demanding food. rolling her eyes, tillie began twisting the top of the bottle off and applying the polish to his nails.

she tried not to get distracted by the veins on eddie's hands and the rings sat on his fingers, but it was harder than one may expect. "i'm really worried about chrissy."

"why, what's going on?" eddie asked, voice full of concern.

"she's just," tillie started, moving eddie's thumb gently to reach all the nail with the brush. "she's not been sleeping. she said she's been having really bad headaches and nightmares. and she keeps getting nosebleeds, which i know isn't strange, but for chrissy it is. she's never had a nosebleed in her life. when we were younger, i would get them all the time, but she never did."

"the nosebleeds i can't help with," eddie responded as tillie finished the last of his nails. "but i can always give her drugs that can help her sleep. and, i'll even give her a seventy five percent discount because she's your sister."

tillie chuckled, putting the lid on the bottle but not screwing it shut yet. "as if chrissy would ever do drugs."

"hey, i used to say that about myself, but look at me now," eddie joked lightly, making tillie roll her eyes.

"you say 'look at me now' like you look bad," tillie remarked. "you really don't."

eddie smiled. "keep complimenting me like that, princess, and i'll begin to think you're in love with me."

"oh, definitely," matilda said, amusedly. "how could i not?"

"right? i mean, i don't blame you," eddie carried on the sarcasm, holding his arms out. "come on look at me. who could resist?"

"okay, calm it down now," tillie laughed. "you're getting egotistical."

"i prefer the term confident," he told her.

rolling her eyes, tillie grabbed the top of the nail polish bottle and began painting her own, eddie watching her curiously.

she had gotten one and half nails done when eddie spoke up. "can i do them for you?"

matilda turned her focus back to him sad she looked up. "do you have a steady hand?"

"have you seen me on my guitar?" eddie asked in shock. "someone with a shaky hand can't play like that."

"egotistical," tillie mumbled under her breath, handing him the brush.

"mattie, i heard that," he whispered back, dipping the brush into the polish before stroking it gently on her fingers.

she smiled at his face, which looked similar to how hers did when she was concentrating. he was actually very good at painting nails, which surprised tillie greatly. she expected him to make a mess and get it all over her fingers, but no. he was very delicate with it, making sure the whole nail was covered and carefully wiping away anything that got on her skin.

"have you done this before?" matilda asked quietly, not wanting to interrupt the peacefulness of the moment.

"no," eddie replied, finishing off the last few fingers. "why, am i good?"

"if i say yes, will it boost your ego?" she queried, still speaking in a low tone.

"definitely," eddie smiled, returning the brush to the bottle and screwing the lid on.

"then no," tillie started, admiring the perfectness of his nails. "you're really shit at it."

eddie rolled his eyes in amusement. "i have told you before how bad of a liar you are, right? does that ring a bell?"

"you know what?" tillie nodded sarcastically. "i think you have mentioned it before, yeah."

they both began laughing, before eddie put his hand beside hers. "back to cute and matching, huh?"

"yeah," tillie smiled, watching as eddie moved his hand closer to hers, so they were now touching. "careful, you don't want to smudge your artwork."

"oh, so you do think i did good?"

📻🪐🏹

aw my poor babies, no idea of what is about to start tomorrow 😭
at least i finally get to write s4 now 😜

they're a 3 but they treat you how eddie treats mattie...

tysm for 60k!!

WORD COUNT — 1009.