051.

MARCH 27TH, 1986
📍max's trailer
09:42 AM

"check this out. the war zone," eddie read, showing them a shopping catalog. "i've been there once. it's huge. they got everything you need for, uh, well, killing things, basically."

"do you think fake rambo has enough guns there?" robin questioned, pointing down to the picture. "is that a grenade? i mean, how is any of this legal?"

"well, lucky for us it is, so.." eddie replied. "this.. this place is just far enough outside of hawkins. as long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

"if we're trying to avoid angry hicks. maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the war zone," erica remarked.

"normally, i'd agree," nancy nodded. "but we need the weapons. so i think it's worth the risk."

"me too," lucas agreed.

"yeah, but is it worth the time?" dustin questioned. "it'll take all day to bike there and back."

eddie furrowed his brows. "who said anything about bikes?"

"what, you got some sort of car we don't know about?" steve queried.

"it's not exactly a car, steve," eddie told him. "and it's not exactly mine, but, uh.. it'll do," he turned to look at max. "hey, red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

max shrugged lightly, before going into her bedroom to find eddie a disguise. the boy looked over at tillie, discovering she was already staring at him, but once she was caught she glanced away.

a michael myers mask in hand, the redhead reappeared shortly after and threw it to eddie, who shrugged before throwing it over his head. "come on, let's go.."

he lead them out of max's trailer to one near his own, hiding behind it. "over there," he whispered, pointing to his neighbors rv.

"seriously?" steve replied, only to be shushed as the group began swiftly running towards the vehicle. "okay, i guess."

they made their way over there, and began climbing through the window one by one. once everyone was in, eddie pulled off his mask and headed to the front of the car, beginning to hotwire it.

steve and tillie approached him. "where'd you learn how to do this?" the boy asked.

"well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hotwire," he replied, twisting the wires. "now, i swore to myself i wouldn't wind up like he did, but now i'm wanted for murder and soon, grand theft auto. so, uh, i'm really living up to that munson name."

"eddie, i'm not sure i love the idea of you driving," robin told him, joining the small group at the front of the car.

"he's not that bad," tillie replied.

"oh, i'm just starting this sucker," eddie told them with a smile. "harrington's got her. don't ya, big boy?"

the engine started and the radio began to play, making eddie's neighbors jump up. "what the hell? hey, open this door!" they hollered.

"shit! go," steve exclaimed, and eddie and robin ran to the back whilst tillie sat in the passenger seat besides steve. "everybody hang on to something!" he called to them, beginning to exit the trailer park as the angry neighbors ran after them.

- 📻🪐🏹 -

MARCH 27TH, 1986
📍the rv
10:03 PM