025.

MARCH 10TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
12:34 PM

"what is that song you keep singing, tils?"

matilda furrowed her brows at her sister, the two of them walking through the school corridors. "what?"

"you keep humming this song or something," chrissy laughed. "i've never heard it before. what is it?"

tillie stayed confused for a moment, before realizing what her twin was referring to. she'd been subconsciously singing eddie's songs for the past few days and the image of him performing seemed to live in her mind. "oh, um, i don't know."

"you don't know?" chrissy queried, the two of them approaching the lunch hall.

"nope," tillie told her. "i guess it's just a tune i've been making up in my head."

"whatever you say," chrissy shrugged, eyeing her curiously. she gestured towards the doors to the lunch hall. "you coming?"

"oh, no," matilda shook her head. she had to go meet eddie as their usual spot to complete the final touches on their scrapbook, which needed to be handed in soon. "i'm going to go to the library. i need to revise for the chemistry test later."

"did you not revise enough at kate's?" the younger blonde questioned.

"i mean, yeah, we revised for a few hours," tillie shrugged, trying to sound convincing. "but, i struggle with chemistry so.."

"right," chrissy nodded. "well, see you later?"

"yeah, bye."

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 10TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
12:41 PM

"sorry i'm late," tillie apologized upon arriving at their spot.

"it's fine," eddie shook her off, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and throwing it on the ground, putting it out with the sole of his shoe. "the world's not ending.. yet. maybe if you were a minute or two later.."

matilda smiled and rolled her eyes, taking her usual seat opposite the boy. slipping her backpack off her shoulders, she opened it up and pulled the scrapbook out, along with her pencil case.

eddie grabbed the book, flicking through the pages. "what else do we even need to do? it looks pretty good to me."

"we just need to check everything looks nice, i guess," tillie replied. "check if there's anything else we can do to make it look better."

"you know, mr dorton said it's more about knowledge and the quality of the writing, not the presentation," eddie said.

"presentation is everything to us cunningham's," matilda told him in response. "besides, weren't you the one who wanted to do a scrapbook, because you said it would look nice?"

nodding, his lips formed a straight line. "yeah, guilty."

laughing softly, she pulled the book closer to her and began flicking through the pages herself. "i just want it to be perfect, you know?"

her eyes were focused on the book, but his were on her, a double meaning to his next words. "it's perfect already. just the way it is."

glancing up, their eyes met. the contact lingered for a moment, before tillie got nervous and looked away.

since coming to term with her strong feelings for the boy, everything that happened between them made her get extreme butterflies. it wasn't like she hadn't got butterflies from him before, like when he called her pretty or when they held each other's gaze, but now they seemed somewhat magnified.

"you think so?"

"definitely," eddie smiled. "if we don't get an a, i'm suing."

"i'm going to sue you," matilda stated blankly.

eddie let out a small chuckle. "what?"

"your goddamn songs have been playing on repeat in my head for the past three days," the blonde informed him. "it's annoying."

eddie raised his arms out proudly. "what can i say? music mastermind over here."

she grabbed a pen from her pencil case, outlining one of the drawings on the page. "more like arrogant asshole," she remarked.

eddie rolled his eyes. "i feel like all our conversations end up with you calling me arrogant, or pompous, or egotistical.."

matilda cocked her head to the side, a smirk on her face. "hm, i wonder why?"

📻🪐🏹

shorter chapter today, but that's because the past few have been quite lengthy, and i have some long ones planned for the next few!! you are not prepared hehe

also, we are nearing s4! i think there's probably going to be around eight more chapters before we get into the actual stranger things plot!! you have no idea how excited i am

can we appreciate the fact i have three exams tomorrow, yet haven't revised for a single one.. 😍👍

also, i've had a few messages from people who have said they can relate to tillie, which saddens me so much. i hope everyone is okay and knows that my messages are always open if you need someone to talk to! <33

tysm for 28k!! i love you all <3

WORD COUNT — 805.