030.

MARCH 18TH, 1986
📍eddie's trailer
07:53 AM

slowly stirring awake, matilda sighed sleepily. she decided to have a few extra minutes of dozing, that was until she realized her head was definitely not resting on a pillow.

opening her eyes, her cheeks flushed as she learnt she was laying on a half-asleep eddie munson. she wasn't complaining. she very comfortable and his warmth seemed to protect her from the bitterness of the outside.

unsure of what to do, she tried to slip out of his grip, but that only resulted in him waking up.

"mh," he grunted softly, letting go of his hold on her to rub his eyes. "oh, morning, princess."

"good morning," tillie replied, now able to sit up and shuffle away from him. "um, did i like.. accidentally cuddle into you or something?"

"oh, yeah," eddie started, sitting up like her. "basically threw yourself on me," he joked lightly.

"i'm sorry," she hurried. "you should've just pushed me off, i wouldn't have minded—"

he could tell she seemed actually embarrassed by her actions, and realized he needed to reassure her. "hey, it's okay. i didn't mind. it was quite nice actually, you kept me really warm. like my own little heat pad."

"thank you?" tillie replied.

eddie smiled as he looked down, catching sight of the time. "shit, we better start getting ready."

matilda looked down at her own watch, her eyes widening at the time. "oh, yeah," she said, climbing up off of eddie's bed. "i just need to get changed and tie my hair back. i can do my makeup in the car."

eddie stood up too, telling her, "you don't need makeup."

"you flatter me, eddie munson," she smiled, opening her bag and grabbing her clothes from it. "should i go in the bathroom again?"

"you can stay in here if you want. i don't know if my uncle's up yet and i also need to pee," he told her, grabbing his jeans off the floor and a clean hellfire club t-shirt from his closet.

once he'd left, tillie shut the door behind her and stripped down to her underwear, placing eddie's hoodie gently on his bed and her clothes in her bag. she pulled on her plain black top and some black and white checkered trousers, as well as her usual converse, before brushing her hair back into a ponytail.

eddie knocked on the door, making sure it was okay to enter.

"yeah, you can come in," she told him, grabbing her jacket off the floor and pulling it on. she realized the dark red of her jacket didn't match the monochrome theme she had going on. "does this look okay?" she asked eddie.

"um, not really," eddie told her, a complete lie. it honestly looked fine, but he wanted her to wear something else.

"seriously?" she sighed in annoyance.

"yeah, it's just a bit clashy," he replied. "but, actually, you know, you could wear my hoodie if you wanted to. the grey matches more with the black and white," he offered, trying to seem casual, like he wasn't desperate to see her in it again.

"yeah?"

"yeah," he nodded, walking over to his bed and picking it up, throwing it towards her.

she caught it and began putting it on. it was definitely too big for her, but it looked good either way. "i'm going to smell like you by the end of the day."

good, he thought. but instead, he offered his hand and said, "ready to go then?"

tillie nodded with a smile, grabbing her bag off the floor and connecting her hand with his, following him out.

they were surprised to see another person, eddie's uncle, who was sat at the table smoking a cigarette, a steaming cup of coffee in front of him.

"uncle wayne," eddie greeted, making the older man turn to look at them. "i didn't realize you were awake."

"yeah, i woke up just now," wayne informed them, before his eyes fell on matilda and their linked hands. "this must be the pretty blonde you've been telling me about. matilda, right?"

tillie couldn't help but heat up at the man's words, whilst eddie was struggling to look at the girl.

"uh, yeah it is," eddie confirmed. "mattie, this is my uncle wayne. wayne, this is matilda."

"it's really nice to finally meet you," tillie smiled. "eddie talks about you all the time."

"i'm sure he talks more about you to me," wayne replied, taking a sip. "you should hear him. he brings you up in every conversation."

"okay," eddie interrupted, clearing this throat. "glad you two are getting along, but can you stop exposing me? please? thank you."

wayne chuckled. "well, do you guys want any breakfast? anything to eat? we don't have much in—"

"we're okay, wayne," eddie told him. "we need to get heading to school, anyways. we don't want to be late. otherwise, it'll be too late to graduate," he laughed awkwardly.

"oh, yeah, of course," wayne nodded as the two began to head to the door. "well, i'll see you later, eddie. and matilda, i hope to see you around. it was nice meeting the girl my nephew is so fond of."

"it was nice meeting you too, mr munson," tillie smiled.

"please, call me wayne," he told her. "i'm too young to be known as mr munson."

grinning, tillie stepped out of the trailer, hearing eddie call back to wayne.

"see you later, wayne. oh, and thanks for this lovely conversation, i'm never telling you anything again!" he exclaimed, and matilda could hear wayne's laugh from inside the trailer.

eddie closed the door behind him, and used their conjoined hands to lead tillie to his van, opening the passenger door for her to get in, before walking around and getting in the driver's seat.

"are you oh so fond of me, eddie?" tillie asked in a teasing tone.

the boy began reversing the car. "shut up, princess."

📻🪐🏹

this book makes me feel so lonely 😭

it's literally becoming so tempting to show you a screenshot of a note in my notes app which has the WHOLE rest of this book planned out 👀
stop asking me who dies guys i'm having to restrain myself i can't keep secrets like this at all 😭

this book actually grows sm everyday. i can't thank you guys enough for the love <3

WORD COUNT — 1072.