029.

MARCH 17TH, 1986
📍eddie's trailer
18:56 PM

"have you written any new songs?" matilda asked, the two of them sat opposite each other on eddie's bed as the boy strummed his guitar.

"only a few drafts," he told her. "nothing official yet. "i've been learning a few more songs though."

"like what?"

"well, i finished learning this metallica song yesterday," eddie spoke. "you know metallica, right?"

"yes, eddie, i don't live under a rock," she replied amusedly.

"i was just checking," he laughed, holding his hands out in mock defense. "it's not really your kind of music, is it? you're more of an abba and kate bush kind of girl."

tillie shrugged proudly. "i'm elite."

"yeah, right," eddie scoffed.

the girl rolled her eyes. "can you play any abba?" she asked him.

"nope," he told her. "not really my kind of music."

"well, it's always good to do a little bit of everything," the blonde started. "like, what if, you were put in a life or death situation and you needed to sing abba to survive?"

"guess i'd die then," eddie replied with a smile. "i'd rather die than learn to play abba on my guitar."

"you have no taste," tillie remarked, making the boy roll his eyes.

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 17TH, 1986
📍 eddie's trailer
22:02 PM

"strawberry ice cream is disgusting," tillie argued. "no other words said."

"it's amazing!" eddie exclaimed. "how can you not like strawberry ice cream?"

"it doesn't even taste like real strawberries," matilda stated, making eddie fall silent.

"okay, valid point," he admitted. "but it's still good."

"whatever makes you sleep at night," matilda mumbled, before her mouth opened into a long yawn.

eddie watched her yawn adoringly. "sleepy?"

"no, i'm fine," she told him with a small shake of her head.

standing up from his position of his bed, eddie stretched aggressively. "it's okay. it's been a long day and it's late, and we have to be up tomorrow for school."

he offered his hand and helped her clamber off of his bed, grabbing her bag off the floor and handing it to her.

"you know where the bathroom is, right?" he asked, opening his bedroom door for her. "just the door on the left," he pointed.

"yeah, i know," she told him softly, leaving to walk to the bathroom.

she entered the small room, closing the door behind her. she pulled off her clothes and replaced them with her comfier ones, before using a makeup wipe to take off her makeup.