024.

MARCH 7TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
11:07 AM

"are you still coming tonight?" eddie queried, the two of them sat in history answering questions on the cold war.

"yeah, if i'm allowed," she replied.

"course you're allowed," eddie told her. "i don't control you. you can go wherever you like."

"well, i would like to come," tillie replied, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "what time?"

"well, the official gig starts at five, but we always get there early to set up," he explained. "but if you get there and my van isn't parked out front, don't go in until i arrive. there are some real creeps in there and i don't want you being unsafe, okay?"

"yep," tillie smiled with a nod.

"good," eddie replied with a reciprocated grin. his eyes fell down to her work. "can i copy your answer?"

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 7TH, 1986
📍 cunningham house
16:21 PM

"and where are you going?"

matilda looked up from her position on the floor, where she was sat tying the laces to her converse and saw her sister stood over her. "kate's."

"kate's?" chrissy repeated.

"that's what i said, isn't it?" tillie replied, pulling herself up from the ground.

"i just didn't realize you and kate were that close," she remarked.

"well, we're not," tillie replied, putting her corduroy jacket on over her top. "but since we have that chemistry quiz coming up next week, we decided it might be a good idea to study together."

"okay," chrissy hummed, watching her sister curiously. matilda was obviously lying. she turned on her feet and began heading up the stairs, calling back, "well have fun with her, princess."

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 7TH, 1986
📍the hideout
16:43 PM

arriving at the small bar, matilda checked the carpark for any sign of eddie's van, per his request. thankfully, she saw it parked right outside, with eddie himself transporting the drum kit into the pub.

after pulling into the closest available space, she climbed out of her car and began heading in his direction. "hey," she greeted with a smile.

eddie looked up, grinning when he saw her. "hey," he replied, placing part of the drum kit on the ground. "you okay?"

"yeah, fine," she nodded.

"good," he said, moving closer towards her. "uh, listen, my band mates have no idea you're coming. obviously, they don't know about us."

"oh, right yeah," tillie laughed awkwardly. "completely forgot about that."

"me too," eddie agreed. "so, i was just thinking we could say that like.. because of the assignment we're like friends, i guess. they probably won't care that much, but still."