031.

MARCH 18TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
8:31 AM

after putting her code in her locker, tillie shoved her bag of clothes from the previous day and night in, and took out the physics text book she needed for the next lesson.

"hey, tillie!" she heard chrissy call for her. tillie turned to see her sister, noticing the usual skip in her step was absent.

"hey, chris. are you okay?" the older blonde asked.

"i'm fine," chrissy shook her off. "now, whose jacket is that? because it looks like a males and," she leaned forward. "and it smells like one too. spill, whose is it?"

tillie laughed gently at her sister's enthusiasm, which didn't match the dullness of the girl's appearance. "it's a long story. can we sit together and lunch and i'll tell you?"

"of course," chrissy told her. "i'm dying to know."

she already had a feeling she knew who it was; eddie munson. chrissy knew something had happened or was happening between them, and, at tweve thirty this afternoon, she would find out the truth.

— 📻🪐🏹 —

MARCH 18TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
12:32 PM

"chrissy, babe, where are you going?" jason cried, watching the girl and her sister take a seat at a table away from them.

"i told you, jason," chrissy said to him. "me and tils are having a girl talk."

"you live together," he exclaimed. "can you not have your 'girl talk' at home?"

"nope, it's urgent," chrissy replied, sitting down and turning her back to jason, ending the conversation whilst doing so.

"he's so pushy," matilda told her twin, taking a seat opposite her.

"i know," chrissy sighed. "he means no harm, though. he just likes to show me off, let people know that i'm taken."

"the entirety of hawkins knows you're together, chrissy," matilda laughed. "i don't think he needs to let anyone know."

"enough about me," chrissy said with a teasing smirk. "let's talk about you. where were you last night? which lucky boy does this hoodie belong to?"

"i was at ka—"

"don't try and tell me you were at kate's," chrissy interrupted. "a 'birthday sleepover?' kate's birthday is the day before ours, and we were born in december."

"oh," matilda said. "good to know. i'll come up with a better lie next time."

"no, next time you won't need to lie," chrissy replied, opening up a bottle of water. "tils, you told me you would tell me the whole story, so go on. tell me about mystery boy. i'm listening."

tillie sighed, thinking of where to begin. "i'm going to have to start with his name, so you can get over the initial shock as the story goes on. 'mystery boy', as you put it, is edd—"

"eddie munson?" chrissy interrupted, watching her sisters jaw drop. "i knew it! oh my god, i knew it! i've literally known something was going on between you for the past month and a half."

"what?" tillie exclaimed. "you knew? how?"

"i saw you guys arguing near the bleachers," the blonde began to explain. "and then i kept seeing him gazing at you, and he ran out of class after you, and that thing at jason's party, and he called you princess and mattie and— oh my god, you have to tell me everything."