021.

MARCH 2ND, 1986
📍hawkins high school
9:03 AM

"you know, you still haven't told me what happened on saturday," chrissy stated in a whisper.

"that's because nothing happened," matilda replied. "we talked about the history assignment, that's all."

"oh, really?" chrissy asked, a look of disbelief on her face. "because sara told me that she saw you arguing, and then you ran off afterwards. maybe i should ask your little friend over there," she gestured to the corner of the classroom, where eddie sat playing drums on the table with his fingers.

they were in math, a lesson where all aspects of her life combined. chrissy, eddie, myles.

"shut up, chrissy," matilda sighed. she knew she needed to apologize to eddie as soon as possible, but assumed he'd be mad at her and didn't know how she would be able to.

"sorry, princess."

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 2ND, 1986
📍hawkins high school
9:22 AM

a short while later, and tillie was working on some geometry questions, her lips gently parted in concentration.

suddenly, her attention was averted by a paper ball hitting her square in the face. she looked up in confusion, but saw no one turned in her direction.

she looked at chrissy, who looked just as puzzled. the younger blonde shrugged lightly and carried on her work with a hidden smirk.

sighing, matilda opened the note, straightening it out with the side of her hand. she was expecting to see some taunt from myles or one of his fellow idiots, but that wasn't the case.

 she was expecting to see some taunt from myles or one of his fellow idiots, but that wasn't the case

she looked over in eddie's direction, and saw that now peering over at her. nodding her head gently, the boy broke out into a small grin.

her eyes lingered on him for a moment, before they drifted back down to her worksheet.

📻🪐🏹

MARCH 2ND, 1996
📍hawkins high school
12:43 PM

strolling through the woods, tillie checked the time on her wrist. she realized the other day just how much she tended to look at eddie's watch, and decided to just get one for herself for times like this.

she reached the spot, seeing eddie sitting on the bench with two milkshakes in his hands waiting for her.

"what?" she furrowed her brows at the drinks as she walked and took a seat opposite him.

eddie turned to face her, a small smile on his face. "apology gift from danah's to go with my apology," he explained, handing her the drink.

"i mean, thank you, but i'm the one who should be apologizing," tillie told him. "besides now i owe you more money."

"no, i should be the one," he replied.

"no, i should," tillie argued back.

"you were being completely rational," eddie told her. "you don't need to apologize."

"you don't either!" matilda exclaimed.

"listen," eddie sighed in amusement. "we're both as stubborn as each other. this could go on all day."

"i know," tillie stated, taking a sip of her shake. "so let me apologize."

"will you let me apologize?" eddie asked.

"i don't know what you've got to apologize for, but sure," she replied. "whatever makes you sleep at night."

"okay, good," eddie said in response, a small sass evident in his voice. "you want to go first?"

"yeah, okay," tillie said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "i am sorry for overreacting about what you said. i can be quite dramatic sometimes, i guess. i was quite emotional last night as well, that yet another boy just wants to get in my pants. i don't know, but sorry for yelling at you."

"apology accepted," eddie smiled. "can i apologize now?"

"i still don't understand what you're apologizing for," she remarked, taking a sip of her milkshake.

"you're about to find out, you numpty," the boy responded with a hint of amusement in his eyes, before he fell into a more serious tone. "i'm sorry for saying about someone flirting with you in such a disgusted tone. i don't find the thought of you disgusting. i mean, you're so pretty, you're funny, you're smart, you're talented—"

tillie listened intently, a small smile and warm blush on her face as she watched him ramble.

"frankly, i don't know why anyone wouldn't want to flirt with you. i guess, i'm just, i wouldn't say jealous. more like.. protective?"

tillie cocked her head. "protective?"

"yeah, protective," he confirmed. "you know, you've told me all
about you. stuff nobody else knows. and obviously i care about you, and i just— i don't want another guy to hurt you, that's all," he explained, before his voice became a hushed whisper. "i also don't want another guy to replace me."

she smiled. "no one could ever replace you,"

📻🪐🏹

this is a short & late one i am so sorry i've been so busy with exams & then tsitp came out and ugh

i promise the next few are going to be long and so cute!! they'll be posted soon i just need to edit them <3

but also, thank you so effing much for 7k reads!!
and, as of right now, this book is
#9 in eddie
#2 in hawkins
#19 in dustin henderson

tysm to everyone who is reading, voting and commenting. you guys are truly angels <3

WORD COUNT — 873.