006.

JANUARY 28TH, 1986
📍hawkins shopping center
13:54 PM

it was saturday, and matilda was at the new shopping mall, shopping for new clothes. abba was blasting in her ears, blurring out the madonna that was playing in the store.

she picked up a dark blue top, which had a lighter blue collar and hem and fondled it in her hands, feeling the soft material in her fingertips.

"that would look really good on you," a voice behind her said, making her pause her walkman and turn around.

"are you stalking me or something?" tillie asked a smiling eddie.

"fate," eddie shrugged, walking towards the rack of clothes. he picked out a larger size of the shirt tillie was holding, and held it against his body. "maybe i should get one. we could twin."

"definitely," matilda spoke. "i mean, we're best friends, right? best friends like to match."

"that's what i'm saying!" eddie exclaimed. "best friends think alike."

"isn't the saying great minds think alike?" tillie questioned, eyebrows lightly furrowed.

"oh, yeah," eddie replied, feigning cluelessness. "sorry, you're right. you really hit the nail with the hammer there."

"oh my god," matilda groaned. "are you ever going to let that go?"

eddie chuckled, his smile reaching ear to ear. "no."

tillie sighed dramatically, looking down at the ground and crossing her arms. "who let bully eddie into the party? i want my therapist eddie back."

"oh, right sorry, let me just switch some dials," he pretended to push some buttons on his head and twisted his ear, before breaking into a large grin. "hey, mattie, how are you doing today?"

tillie stared at him, dumbfounded. "you're so weird," she remarked, moving the top in her hands into her basket and heading to look at another rack.

following her, eddie picked up another item of clothing. a short, grey top, made of not much material which left little to the imagination. "you would rock this."

tillie turned and looked at the top, glancing back up towards eddie. "i don't have the boobs for that."

"don't talk yourself down like that, mattie. positivity!" eddie cheered, placing the top down. "you have lovely boobs."

matilda cocked her head to the side, eyebrows raised. eddie's eyes widened, realizing what he just said.

"not that i'm looking. just nice self-talk, you know? i'm sure you have very nice breasts- not that i'm imagining, or anything. i'm going to stop talking now."

- 📻🪐🏹 -

JANUARY 28TH, 1986
📍 cunningham house
15:11 PM

entering the living room, shopping bags in hand, tillie saw her sister and jason curled up together on the sofa, watching a basketball game on the tv.

"oh, hey guys," she said, placing her bags on the table.

"shopping haul?" chrissy asked, noticing the bags and jumping up from the sofa to go and look through them. "anything i can steal?"