058.

MARCH 28TH, 1986
📍steve's house
12:49 PM

nancy walked into the living room, where tillie was laid on the sofa thinking. "he's awake," she told her. "he's asking for you."

after the events of the previous night, the group had retreated back to steve's house. his parents were out of town, so he offered for tillie and eddie to stay there for a few days whilst they figured things out.

even after everything they did, vecna still won. their plan failed and his worked. he'd killed max, who was then brought back to life by eleven, who'd been fighting vecna in her mind. though she was alive, max was currently in a coma, with several broken bones. the doctors didn't know if she'd wake up.

tillie was eager to visit the girl. she felt extremely guilty. if only she'd been the bait for vecna like she wanted, then maybe this whole situation would be different. however, because of the search party out for her, she obviously couldn't stroll into hawkins hospital to see a friend.

because of her death, vecna was able to create another gate, meaning he had the four needed for his plan. the cracks formed from each murder ripped open and teared through hawkins, meeting at a point in the center. the government covered it up, claiming it was an extremely large earthquake. how anyone believed that, tillie didn't know.

two of the twenty two people confirmed dead from the "earthquake" so far was tillie's parents. she didn't quite know how she was supposed to feel about that.

she hadn't seen eddie since they arrived back at steve's. she couldn't look at him any longer given the state he was in, so nancy helped clean and bandage his wounds, whilst tillie showered and rinsed his blood off her hands.

steve had given her a change of clothes, and offered one of the spare bedrooms for her to sleep in. but she couldn't sleep until she knew eddie was going to be okay.

standing up, tillie began heading towards the stairs.

"he doesn't know how he's alive," nancy called back to her. "he remembers everything going black and then waking up here. i didn't tell him that it was you who saved him. i thought you should be the one to."

"thanks," tillie said with a small smile. "can you make sure nobody disturbs us for a while? i just need to be with him for a moment, you know?"

nancy nodded. "sure."

the blonde smiled at her one last time, before heading upstairs into the bedroom eddie was in. she lightly pushed open the door, closing it behind her and turned around, seeing him laid shirtless on the bed.

sitting slightly upright with pillows behind his back, he had two large bandages around his side and shoulder, and multiple little dressings in several other places on his chest and arms. tears began forming in her eyes as she watched him lay there weakly.

"there's my princess," he mumbled with a soft smile. "i promise it's not as bad as it looks. i think nancy just got a little excited with steve's first aid kit," he joked lightly. he pointed to his right shoulder and left side. "these are where the nasty shits really got me. the rest are just scratches or little bites. oh, and nancy said i had bruised ribs from something too and-"

he stopped, looking up and seeing tillie biting her lip, tears rolling down both cheeks.

"hey, i'm okay," he told her. he patted at the space beside him. "come here."