045.

MARCH 26TH, 1986
📍the woods
18:31 PM

dustin lead the way as they walked through the woods, following the compass. tillie and eddie walked in the middle of the group, making light conversation as the boy swung their conjoined hands.

"do you think fishes get thirsty?" eddie asked.

tillie stared at him blankly. "you're really weird, you know that?"

"thanks, princess," he smiled, making her eventually break out into a grin too.

"aren't they so cute?" max asked, walking behind them with robin. nancy, steve, lucas and dustin walked in front of the blonde and her friend.

"just like you and lucas," robin smirked.

"oh, shut up," the redhead hissed. "no, but are we sure they aren't secretly together? like seriously.."

"we should get her to come talk to us," robin suggested. "ask her about him."

"agreed," max nodded, before calling for the girl. "tillie!"

matilda turned around to face the younger girl. "yeah?"

"come over here," she said, gesturing her over. "we want to ask you something."

"okay," she nodded, trying to let go of eddie's hand as she walked to max and robin.

however, eddie still gripped it tightly, pulling her back to him and planting a kiss on her knuckles. she turned around in shock, and saw the boy with a smirk on his face, before he dropped her hand and ran to join the others in front, leaving her smiling.

"i'm sorry, can you explain to us why you aren't officially a couple yet?" robin queried as tillie joined them.

"because we don't like each other like that," matilda replied.

"you're a shitty liar, tillie," max told her. "everytime we've seen you these past few days, you've been holding hands or leaning on each other or cuddling."

"yeah, well.." tillie began to explain, trying to come up with an excuse. "we're just.. very affectionate people, you know? and, we're both going through some stuff so it's just support and comfort between friends, nothing more.."

"so, you cuddling into his naked chest, that's just.. typical friend stuff?" robin questioned.

"yep," tillie nodded. "strictly platonic." the two stared at her blankly and eventually she caved in. "fine, maybe it's not all platonic on my end, but it is on eddie's so.."

"are you kidding?" max exclaimed. "no guy looks at his friend like that. he adores you. we can all see it."

"yeah," robin agreed. "we can all see it. believe me, it's massively annoying steve and i'm loving it."

tillie smiled softly. "i just don't know what to do about it. i mean, do i tell him? do i wait til he makes a move on me? will he even make one on me or does he simply think of me like a sis-"

"you are a strong, independent woman, matilda," robin interrupted. "don't wait around. tell him first. if he rejects you, which he definitely won't, but if he does then fuck him, it's his loss. you can date me instead."