001

⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴 ࿐ྂ

The Hayward family, a very looked-over household. Everyone seemed happy and smiles hid the horrors that lay behind the closed curtains. Richard Hayward was fine when his daughter, Tiffany, was born. He cared for her very much and would protect her with every inch of his soul, like any father would for their daughter.

But the happiness didn't last for long, when Tiffany was just five years old, her father came home one night. He was upset, he had been fired from his job and this news set off some sort of frenzy in him. He was never the same after it, soon he got another job. Not as high paying, but it still helped.

But still, he was angry all the time.

Tiffany didn't know why, she would often try to cheer him up but he would always swear at her and tell her to leave him alone. Eventually, Richard's anger worsened as he turned to alcohol and drugs. He took them like it was a vital part of his day, his anger got worse when he drunk.

He took his anger out on his wife and daughter, regularly hurting them. He threatened Michelle that if she ever told anyone about it, he would kill her and Tiffany. So Michelle kept her mouth sealed, not once did she let anything spill.

She put on a smiley face and went about her day, covering bruises with make-up and crying to herself when no one was around. Tiffany never understood why her Father did it when she was little, so as she grew older she grew to hate him.

And fear him.

【1 9 8 4】

"TIFFANY!" Michelle Hayward screamed up the stairs, Tiffany was shoving things in her school bag. Her mother opened the door, "can you hurry up please! Jonathan is waiting outside!" Michelle demanded as she stood at the door. Tiffany threw her bag over her shoulder and headed out the house, she rushed out the house and sprinted to Jonathan's car.

She opened the door and sat in the backseat, "I am so sorry I am late" Tiffany huffed. "It's fine tiff" Nancy smiled from the front seat as the car began to roll into a drive. The atmosphere was no silent, no one spoke. It didn't take too long to arrive at school, Jonathan pulled into a parking spot and they all got out the car.

Nancy took a deep breath and stood still looking around, Tiffany moved next to her. "What's the matter?" Tiffany asked, "it's nothing" Nancy shook it off. "No come on tell me" Tiffany edged her on. Nancy looked up at her and sighed, "it's just the last time we where here, on the first day of school." She paused taking a breath. 

"Barb was here" Nancy huffed, Tiffany hugged her. "It's okay, I know this is hard but I also know that you'll get through it." Tiffany smiled. Nancy smiled, "look you have me, Jonathan and Steve" Tiffany reassured her. Nancy smiled and nodded, "thank you" she gleamed. 

"Nance!" Steve called over, Nancy smiled. "Come on" she said as she grabbed Tiffany's hand and pulled her over to the bench table Steve was sitting on. "Hey" Steve said to Nancy and he smirked up at her, pulling her to sit next to him. Tiffany took a seat opposite the pair and Jonathan sat next to her. Steve and Nancy where getting very close, "oh god" Tiffany whispered and Jonathan turned away not wanting to look.

Tiffany watched at the two began to make out right in front of her, "well that's nice" she said in disgust and she turned around  to face Jonathan. Suddenly a loud sports car engine sounded the air as a fast car speedily drove into the school car park. "Who's that?" Jonathan asked, Tiffany looked over as a tall boy got out. 

"I have never seen him before" Tiffany spoke in confusion as she looked over at the mysterious boy. Tiffany looked around to see all the girls staring at him and whispering, the cheerleaders where practically drooling over him. Suddenly his eyes moved over to Tiffany and the pair locked eyes as he made his way into the school building, but not once did he break the eye contact.

Once he was out of sight, Tiffany took a breath out and looked back over at Nancy and Steve who where still making out. The school bell rung out and Tiffany and Jonathan made a B-line to get away from Steve and Nancy, "they should get a room" Jonathan laughed. Tiffany agreed, "what have you got now?" Tiffany asked. Jonathan looked down at his timetable "math, you?" He replied and questioned.

"Shit I have history" Tiffany sighed, "well I guess I'll see you later" Jonathan waved as he walked away. Tiffany made her way into the the history class, "good morning Miss Hayward" The Teacher smiled. Tiffany smiled back, "where do I sit?" Tiffany asked. "Can you sit in the back right corner" the teacher pointed, Tiffany looked over to see she was sitting next to him.

The boy who got out that car earlier on that day, Tiffany looked back at the teacher and the teacher gave her a little push for her to move. Tiffany made her way over too the seat and sat down, she felt his eyes on her immediately. Tiffany refused to meet his eyes, she faced forwards towards the teacher.

The boy laughed, knowing that he was making her nervous. Tiffany sighed and carried on listening to the teacher, suddenly the head teacher walked into the calls "can I speak to Billy Hargrove please?" He asked. The boy next to tiffany got up and walked out the room, so his name was billy?

Tiffany watched as he walked out the room, all the other girls smiled, whispered and giggled when he walked past them. Winking at a few, "he won't be a minute" the headteacher said before he closed the classroom door. Tiffany faced forwards and listened to the teacher again, within a matter of minutes Billy re-entered the room and sat down next to tiffany.

"Hi" billy said as he smirked at tiffany, he knew he was winding her up. "Hi" tiffany repeated, "what's your name?" He asked as he leaned forwards in his chair, trying to get a glimpse of her face. "Why do you care?" Tiffany asked, "calm down doll" he laughed. Doll? Who did her think he was.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, "what you don't like that? Well if you would tell me your name then maybe I wouldn't have to call you it" Billy laughed, Tiffany ignored him and faced the front, still not meeting his eyes. Billy chewed on his gum before leaning back on his chair, "Tiffany" the teacher called out. "Yeah?" Tiffany replied, "can you see me after class?" She asked and Tiffany nodded.

"So she does have a name" Billy whispered before the school bell rung and he got up and left. Tiffany watched as he left, she got up and walked over to the teachers desk. "You wanted to see me?" She asked, the teacher nodded. "I have been seeing that you skipped quite a few classes last year" the teacher said.

"That was last year though? What's this got to do with this year?" Tiffany questioned. The teacher sighed, "I just want to make sure you won't skip this year" the teacher stated. "I won't" Tiffany shook her head, the teacher raised her hand and pointed it at the door, Tiffany made her way out.

The only reason she skipped last year was to help find will Byers, if only the teacher knew that.