025

⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 ࿐ྂ

The school bell signalled to tell everyone the lesson was finished and it was now time for break. "Come with me" Billy whispered as he got up from his chair and walked away from the desk. Tiffany quickly got up and followed him, this was it. She was actually going to tell someone, she felt scared though. What if her father found out? She would be killed surely.

She followed billy outside the school and towards a small area where no one else was. A bit of peace and quite, the two sat down on a low wall of bricks. "So what's happened" Billy wasted no time at all, Tiffany felt the lump in her throat. She didn't want to cry though, not In front of him. 

"You where right" Tiffany began, billy was confused "about what?" He asked his face still riddled with confusion. "A few weeks back, you said that the cut on my face was done by someone" Tiffany felt like she was going to cry if she said anymore, she really did and that made her even more upset and a little bit angry at herself. "Who did it?" Billy was taken aback by what she had said.

Tiffany looked down as she felt the tears begin falling from her eyes, "I do try to stop him" She cried. Billy caught Tiffany off guard and pulled her into a hug, at first she was shocked but soon she hugged him back. "I tried I swear" she cried and told him.

"It's fine don't worry" he comforted, who would have thought that in a million years someone like Billy would ever comfort anyone but themselves. "Just tell me who did it ok?" He spoke softly, she pulled away from the hug. "Swear you won't tell anyone" She stated. "I swear you have my word" He answered.

She took a deep breath, how was she even going to say this. She hated talking about it with her Mum and now she was going to tell Billy, would he even care? She hoped that her thoughts where right and that he would care and wouldn't just leave her there crying and tell everyone. Let's just say for the least, Tiffany was a huge over thinker.

She did it all the time.

Tiffany felt her leg shaking as she stared down at the ground thinking through this decision, was it right? What if her Father found out? Knowing her luck he would, but she knew, or hoped, that Billy was different and he would keep this to himself and no one else.

She could trust him, right?

She kept starting at the ground, in her brain flashbacks of all the times he screamed at her. Hit her and hurt her came hurdling back to her, more tears fell the more she thought about everything that man did to her. She couldn't do it anymore, she couldn't just contain all these emotions and thoughts and knowledge of what he did anymore.

It had to come out, even if it was just to one person it had to.

"My Dad" Tiffany blurted, and it was out. The truth was finally out, she felt lighter. Like a huge weight had been lifted of her shoulders, it was now gone. "You Dad hurt you? What did he do to your face?" Billy asked, Tiffany took her eyes of the ground and looked at the boy sat next to her.

"With a glass bottle" She whispered, billy looked shocked yet a little relaxed. He looked like he was itching to tell her something, something that would relate to the topic well and make her feel not so alone. But he felt restrained on saying anything, "you can tell me everything if you want?" Billy offered. And Tiffany agreed, she agreed because she wanted to talk about it. As she said before she didn't want any of this contained within her anymore.

She told him everything. From the start to the end, every detail and billy felt angry. Not at her though, at Richard. He wanted to hurt him like he did to her, but he knew Tiffany wouldn't want that but he did. He really wanted that, "I'll kill him i swear" billy spoke. Tiffany shook her head "no no don't he's only gonna hurt me more and he will hurt you so please for gods sake don't!" Tiffany demanded. Billy could see what she was saying, if he survived billy he would just punish Tiffany more and billy couldn't stand for that.

He knew he would get some sort of chance someday, so he agreed not to hurt him. He was going to leave it, for now. After a few moments that itching feeling came back, right now he wanted to tell her and before he could even think he opened his mouth.

 "I understand your pain" he spoke which took Tiffany aback, what did he mean by that? How could he ever know that pain. "You're not the only one who gets hurt by someone you're meant to look up to" Billy added. Where was he going with this?

"You get hurt too?" Tiffany clocked onto what he was saying. Billy nodded, "oh god" she turned away again. "Fucked up Dads huh" Billy tried to lighten the mood but that obviously wasn't working. The sound of the bell signalling in the distance pulled them away from their conversation and thoughts.

"Alright meet me outside your house tonight at seven" Billy spoke as he jumped of the wall, Tiffany nodded and followed him. The two soon went their separate ways and they both felt a lot better after telling each other their dark truths. Tiffany usually thought that they had nothing at all in common, but they did.

Shared trauma.