Chapter 38: "Don't come any closer..."

Samora didn't leave Peyton by her side, she kissed Peyton's hand and held it tight as if she was afraid that she'll lose Peyton in a blink of an eye.

"Hey, wake up ka na. I need you, we need you. Kailangan pa natin mag-usap at magka-ayos." Bulong niya kay Peyton.

Naiyak na naman siya, ilang beses na ba siya umiyak sa pagkakataong ito?

Maya-maya pa ay napagdesisyunan niyang lumabas to take a breather. The urge to cry is always kicking her whenever she's looking at Peyton's condition.

To her shocked, nakita niya si Cedric, on the phone, talking with someone familiar voice?

Isn't it my Mom?

Cedric was talking to the person on the other line with the calm voice. It was like he was only talking to a friend, casually. How did he do that ?

Tahimik na nagmasid lamang si Samora without the knowledge of Ced. Gustong malaman ni Samora kung ano ang pinag-uusapan nito nang kanyang ina kaya dahan-dahan siyang lumapit so Ced couldn't hear her. 

"She knows, I told her."

"No, no, they are safe here. Don't worry, I won't do anything that will hurt them,"

"She needs to know the truth, Tita. I can't hide it  anymore."

"She's with Peyton. Later, I'll tell her to talk to you."

Hindi inaasahan ni Samora ang paglingon nito sa kanya at biglag ngumiti. "See, I wasn't planning anything bad." 

It was like he knew that Samora will try to sneak out and listen as if that is how he predicted it inside his head. We can't really tell what's his plotting, something that no one will ever know. He slowly walk directly to Samora, smiling and giving off some uncomfy feeling to Samora.

"Do you seriously think that I wouldn't notice you?" Ced asked her. "I see, you don't still trust me." 

Samora stepped back, "You know that it's hard to do that. I don't think I can trust you anymore after what you did." she tried to open the door but it was too late. Ced is already in front of her.

Ced looks so serious.

"Don't come any closer or else I'll scream..."

Biglang natawa si Ced sa sinabi ni Samora, "What the heck? Are trying to kill me by making me laugh none-stop?" humawak 'to sa dibdib. "Gosh, this is my house for godsake! Even if you scream, no one will help you if I did something to you. Can't you see that I am the boss here?

Napatingin na lamang sa kanya si Samora, like he was judging him. 

"Okay, fine, fine. I'll go na, whatever." 

Ced was like, rolling his eyes as if he was only joking around and Samora took that seriously. And Ced thinks that Samora was no fun, dead fckng serious. What the freak?

"Oh, by the way, you should change your clothes and take a bath. I mean, you don't smell bad but you have to take care of yourself, Samora." Cedric said with calm voice. 

Samora was really confused. She was scared that she might end up being crazy because of how Ced is treating her inside of this house. 

What are you really up to, Ced?

Everything has been confusing her, suddenly change of her emotions and all. It's making her crazy. 

Bago pa man maglakad si Cedric paalis, Samora stopped him. "W-Wait..."

Hinawakan ni Samora ang braso ni Ced and looked directly into his eyes, "Can I really trust you?" She asked. "Can I, Ced?"

Suddenly, Ced expression became sad but not too obvious for Samora to notice. As if, he was hopeless and helpless where even himself couldn't trust him. He gently removed her hand into his shoulder, "I'll recommend you that, you do not, you even don't have to..."

"I don't even trust myself."

Mabilis na umalis na lang si Ced. It was confusing for Samora, it really is. She wanted to know what Ced is up to and those kind of treatments that Ced is giving to the both of them--Peyton and her. 

After that, Samora chose to take a bath to refresh her mind to be able to watch Peyton all night. 

Things were complicated. 

IT'S FCKED UP

Nang matapos maligo ay agad siyang  nagbihis ngunit nang lumabas siya, nakita niya ang isang lalaki na naka-suot ng white gown. He is a doctor. 

He's checking Peyton's state, "Her injuries were severe but she is responding to the process of recovery unlike the other months. I can't tell when she'll wake up but it is a good news that she is improving." 

Umupo si Samora sa tabi ni Peyton and kissed Peyton's hand.

"At least, we know that she'll recover." Naiiyak na nakangiting sambit ni Samora. 

Biglang bumukas ang pinto at iniluwa si Cedric. "Samora, your daughter was looking for you."

Nagulat si Samora sa sinabi ni Ced. Hindi niya inaakalang ipapakausap ng kanyang magulang si Piper kay Ced. She was afraid that Ced will involve Piper to whatever he is planning. She'll definitely gets crazy. 

"You're not planning to involve my daughter here, are you? 

__

A/N

Sorry for the very long time bago mag-update. I hope, this short chapter will make up with y'all guys.

ps. Gosh, Im so sleepy at 10pm?!