Chapter 13

The song came to an end and I excused myself from Joe as I see Demi approaching us. She gave me a weird face, as if asking 'what are you doing with Joe?'

She met me just as I had one step off the dance floor.

"I'll tell you at the bar," I turned from her, and made my way to the bar at the back. The bartender that was there earlier was still there cleaning some glasses with a white cloth.

"What were you doing with Joe?" Demi asked, sounding a slight bit reluctant.

"A glass of water please," I asked the bartender, than turning back to Demi, "He's single."

My water came and with one gulp, I chugged the entire glass.

"What?" she asked in a disbelief tone, "Well that doesn't mean you as my best friend can just go dance with him! I mean I thought that you still had feelings for—"

"Oh Demi shut up!" I slapped my hand over her mouth before she finished her sentence, "I'm telling you he's single not he's single and now I shall go date him."

Her eyes softened, "Oh."

"Yea, oh." I mocked her and put my glass down, "And Joe and me? EW. Which by the way, that lady that we saw with him wasn't his girlfriend. It was his business partner and he brings her to these events to social and make business."

Demi's expression calms and was finally comprehending.

As if on cue Joe starts his way to us with two glasses of champagne. I glanced over at Demi and she looked shaken. Her eyes were shaking and her complexion was so not okay.

She turns to me worriedly, "What do I do dude? He's approaching."

"Just act natural," I whispered to her since he was already a step from the bar.

"Hey ladies, Demi," he turns to her with a small grin, then handing both me and Demi a champagne, "How's lit?"

He's referring to her literature course.

"You grew some beard Joe, good for you." She says, in an exaggerated amazement.

I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing, and from the corner of my eyes I could see her nervousness. She must've been wanting to slap herself already.

Joe was a bit amused, he chuckles, "Have a drink Dems."

Ooooh she's soooo gonna blush. She loved it when he called her 'Dems' and right now, she was explicit about it. Her cheeks were flushed pink.

Joe gently takes the glass from her hand and sets them on the bar. He reaches for her hand and turns to me.

"Sorry Sel, I'm going to steal her for the night." I was staring into mid-air until I see him grabbing for Demi's hand and the next minute they were exiting the ball room.

Okay well there goes my ride. Thanks so much best friend.

I walked back to my table where my two nephews were playing with some other boys. I sat down next to the younger one, Ethan.

"Hey what are you boys doing?" I asked, placing Ethan on my lap.

"Ethan and Landon are trying to show us a magic trick," I looked up to the little girl, she looked about the same age as Landon. She had curly long blond hair and hazel eyes.

I giggle, "Boys are you showing any manners with that? Why don't you be gentlemen and go dance with this young lady here?"

I see that Landon has a crush on her, because he was blushing in many shades of pink when I said that.

"Aunty Selly you're embarrass me," he stomps on his feet, both Ethan and I just giggle.

"Oh my god Landon, let's dance! This is my favourite song, my mommy loves this!" the little girl pulls on Landon's hand and drags him to the dance floor.

I laugh at the kids, wishing that my life was simple like that. If you really want to dance with your crush, just steal his hand and drag him to the dance floor. But of course in this stage of life, we're passed that and we are given with troubles and quests that are designed for us to find a solution to.

Ethan gets up and starts dancing.

"Aunty Selly look!" he giggles as he begins to wiggle his little bum and clap.

This boy was probably the one reason that will keep me laughing, I giggle at his adorable face and took him to the dance floor. He was my dancing partner tonight.

They were playing Avicii's Wake Me Up and everyone was dancing on the dance floor. I spun Ethan is twirls and twirls, both of us laughed as we danced in a silly manner.

As the song was coming to an end I see Rach and Adam approaching for their baby boy.

"You dancing like a rockstar, you little punk," his dad teases him as he lifts Ethan off his feet and showers him with kisses.

Ethan giggles and hides himself in the crook of his Adam's neck.

Rachel laughs to at her two boys, "I think we're all getting tired, we better head out. Sel do you need a ride home?"

I turned to mom and dad who seemed like they weren't going to end that conversation any time soon. But I don't want the kids to sleep late either.

I shrugged, "Nah, go ahead. Mom and dad can fetch me a ride home."

Rachel nods. Her and her family walk off to get their car after saying good night to my parents and I. Ever since Demi and Joe disappeared, one by one, the room that was once filled ended up being only about 30 or 40 people remaining.

And I realized I have drank one entire champagne bottle. I can't believe it, in just one hour though...

I was about to pass out, as I got off the chair from our table. The servers were beginning to clean up some empty tables. My table was not messy at all.

Unless I'm fully drunk and can't see anything.

Just as I was about to take a step, I felt a pang into my head and I'm dizzy as fuck now. Oh and I think what hit me was the alcohol. Fuck.

I tripped on my dress and fell forward. Just in time some hunk grasped onto me and I held onto their forearm. Like I say, I'm dizzy so the image of their face is a bit hazy to me.

All I see is a chocolate brown hair and the face is just blank. But he was in a suit, so let's bless me that rape offenders are not rich enough for this type of suit.

"Hey you're looking a witzzyyyy bit like my ex-boyfriend," I slurred, and pinched my thumb and index finger when I said a witzzyyyy bit making me look so childish.

"Okay, let's get you home," this hunk then wraps one arm around my shoulder and lifts me. Well he's muscular.

"Where are we going?" I whined, yet still following his lead. "Is this afterprom? hahah did you know what my ex-boyfriend did afterprom..."

The hunk didn't answer me, instead he guided me to the outside. It was pitch dark, despite the lights that was lit up around the banquet hall.

If I'm correct I see a butler fetching his car. He settled me into his car and he started it.