Chapter 44

I spilled the details to Demi and Joe, partially balling through it too. They didn't even bother with advices at this point, they just tried to soothe me back together. We went to my room and squished into my small little queen size bed watching Gilmore Girls from season one throughout. I didn't even know when it was that I fell asleep, but when I woke up Demi and Joe weren't in the room anymore. Matter of fact, it was next morning already.

It was like a scheduled routine for visitors to come by to give me their sympathy. Rachel brought over her boys and we had a bonding day, mostly spent in our parent's backyard watching the boys play water gun in the pool. They stayed only until Adam came, he joined us for dinner too. During dinner, no body dared to mention his name nor the word Jonas .

It was weird talking now, everything seemed so blocked out. Every conversation we have it's like the mention of his  name could break me in an instant. Sometimes Demi believes that at the sight of Joe I would start to cry, so for two of our meet ups she purposely excluded Joe. Which was funny, because I barely saw it that way. It honestly didn't bother me whether Joe was present or not, matter of fact, his jokes actually cracks me up.

 Another week flew by like a blink of an eye. And I'll be back in Boston in two weeks to prepare for the new semester, Demi will be back in New York and so will Joe. Everything is like order and form being restored, everyone will return to their normal lives and this summer was just a small piece of history in our life span.

Call it deja vu, but I woke up to Demi running in with our ball gowns again. I definitely recall this from the beginning of this trip. 

"So I brought both of our tailored dresses for the cotillion tonight," she beams, dropping two dresses onto my bed and with her other hand, she drops two big shopping bags on top.

I giggled and crawled forward from my bed to the bags to see what's inside, "What are these?"

"Our shoes," she takes a breath and plops next to me on the bed.

"Dems, I already have shoes," I giggled, getting up to my closet to bring our a pair of baby pink heels with a bow on it. Her eyes widen with excitement.

"OOH! Forget mine, go for those!" she leaps up from the bed and starts stripping out of her clothes.

"WOAH! What are you doing?" 

"Changing, duh?" she slips out of her jeans and starts unwrapping the dress, "We are wearing these now, then the hairstylist will be coming to do our hair and make up."

"What?!" I laughed, "That is too much for just a cotillion."

"Well, we are only back every like 3 years," she shrugs slipping on her dress, "C'mon, put yours on!"

By the time we got into our dresses the make up artist and hairstylist were here. Honestly I didn't see the need for that, I told her that we were capable of doing our own hair and make-up. But... she's Demi. Meaning, people could be asking for 100, but she will give you 200 like no problem.

We would've been late if I had chose to put my hair up instead of leaving it down. It was still a hassle because they had to straighten it before pulling it a side with probably their entire box of bobby pins. Especially because my hair is so thick.

My parents were already in the car when we shooed the hairstylist and make-up artist out the house. And I believe Demi's mom was one step ahead of us, she was probably already at the cotillion. Given she was mayor and all that.

We weren't late, but even going early there would've been traffic getting into the parking lot. Almost the entire town was invited to the event. The parking lot was merely filled to the max. as we were still driving in with that line.