Chapter 25

It didn't take more than 10 minutes until I saw a black Porsche pull up, my eyes dart up to the familiar car. It wasn't Demi's, but could be Joe's. I was a cripple. Getting up towards the car was a new story of pain in the ass.

It was dark but there were street lights. And I beckon to the car. The last time I saw Demi I don't remember her with short curly hair. I rolled my eyes, great, now he gets to see me in pain even.

Nick walked over to me and scooped me off my feet in bridal style. I winced at the pain of bending my knees, I felt like the cut had just teared open wider.

"What are you doing here Nick?" I asked him.

He sets me in the car before answering me as he takes a tissue to swept away my tears and the hair falling over, "How could I not be? Silly."

He got into the other side and began driving. It's been a good 5 minutes riding through the dark neighborhood and he has not said one word, just concentrated in his driving. What's going on?

"Why aren't you asking me anything?" I asked, staring at him until he took a glance over and just smiled before turning his attention back onto the road.

"I figured if you need to tell me something you will speak up."

"What type of BS is this Jonas? Just ask me if you're curious--" I stopped talking and saw that we have arrived at this beach house. "Where am I Jonas?"

He got out of the car and came around to pick me up, somehow I was okay with this all of a sudden. I wrapped my arm around his neck and allowed him to carry me into this beach house that I could possibly die from a kidnap.

I recognized it when he turned the lights on, it was the Jonas's beach house. I've been here once and a few times. It was pretty hella big, they had a window view into the shore. The kitchen had an open concept into the living room and one wall that showed them to the view was built complete of glass, I had always found that part remarkably beautiful.

He carried me to the couch that seemed to be kept in good maintenance.

"Where are you going?" I asked, he came back shortly with the first aid kit.

"Don't worry, I'm not running away," he chuckles, then swinging my legs on his lap as he took out a cotton swab and the disinfectant as he started to clean the wound on my leg.

"Pft, me worried about you?" I humphed crossing my arms and looking away from him like a little angry girl, then slowly turned back to look at him. I found myself smiling at how he took care of my wounded leg, with tender and concern, "When did you become a nurse?"

He had a smirk on his lips as he looked up, "When I saw a vulnerable girl bleeding and crying on the street at 10PM at night."

"Vulnerable?" I repeated, "Hmm don't underestimate that girl."

"I never did," he smiled at me with a quirky one as he put a gauze over it after the polysporin, "This outer wound could heal in a minute. Now what could I do for the heart?"

I rolled my eyes, "Nick I just--"

"As a friend, what could I do for the heart?" 

"It is a shame to even be told to anyone," I curled my knees up to my chest as I avoided looking at him. But it wasn't like he was looking at me anyways, he was busy putting away the kit and gathering the blooding cotton balls.

"It may be a shameful story, but I am all ears. And if you speak out for you feelings, I guarantee after a good cry you'll feel much better."

"It's not because of you Nick," I look at him, our eyes meeting for the first time, a serious eye contact.

"Then I definitely don't have to worry about getting killed by you tonight," he teases, getting up to restore his first aid kit.

"I'm a cripple, if I could kill you in this state, everything that happened tonight will all be a dream," I say, "A terrible dream..."

He came back with a knitted throw, "If you're tired, you're free to sleep in any rooms upstairs." He bent over a little and covered me with the blanket.

"Where is your girlfriend? She's letting you come out this late to pick up another girl? Actually better question, why is Demi not here?" I asked abruptly.

"First Olivia is sleeping right now and she doesn't know I'm that heroic to go out in the middle of the night rescuing vulnerable-bleeding-and-crying girls." he teases, "and Demi consumed too much alcohol to be driving."

"Fair enough, but what--"

"You wanted me to ask, so now I'll ask, what happened?"

I chuckled, rolling my eyes as I slipped under the covers, "As if I was begging for you to ask me. Just to fill up your curiosity, I will answer you."

I don't know if Nick had poisoned me just by putting me into his car or if I really was that vulnerable-bleeding-and-crying girl. I never thought I was necessarily vulnerable  between my sister and I she is more vulnerable in every girly way possible.

Nick lied down on the other couch with the other blanket he brought down, we lied down in an 'L' shape. He stared at me from one edge and I stared back from the other.

So the story begins...