Chapter 50

I couldn't find anything in the hotel that proved Nick was here. I really wanted to know if Nick was here but that had completely slipped my mind because my neighbours were calling me to inform me my roommate was drunk off her ass so I had to leave right after I came out from the washroom. 

Demi and Joe were too exhausted to hang out anyways. They escorted me to the elevators and from there I left the hotel myself. I literally wanted to duck and hide while leaving from the lobby, but I guess that made things obvious. Just as I was going for the revolving doors I felt my body run into someone else, his arms grasped onto the sides of my arm to hold me from falling.

"Oh my God, I'm so s--" my eyes look up and that face just made me skip a beat, "Nick?!"

He seems to be caught by surprise as well, his eyes widen and it seems like he couldn't catch his breath either, "S-Selena, what a coincidence?"

"What are you doing here?" I pulled away and took a step backward too.

"I... I wanted to see you."

"Why?" I asked back. That question caught him by surprise because he froze for a minute just staring at me.

"W-Well I missed you, I wanted to know how you were doing," he answers back.

"Right, and is this the part where I'm suppose to believe you and take you back?" I huffed pushing him aside as I passed him through the revolving doors.

I heard the doors continue to spin as I got out and stormed through the cold air. His footsteps trailed close behind as he grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Just give me a chance to make things right. I have a clean slate now, no girlfriends, just single and ready to beg for forgiveness and a second chance," he pleads.

"Second chance?" I glared at him, and in a swift movement brushing his hand off of my arm, I can already feel the anger pulsing through my veins, "You had your second chance long before what happened this summer. I gave you more than a second chance Nick and you took it for granted, and I don't think I'm the passenger for this crazy rollercoaster of yours."

"I know everything I seems to be a lie or an excuse but I promise you this time I would do it right," he says putting my frozen hands between his. "I'll prove you wrong."

"Nick, grow up. I gave you your last chance before I left and you chose to go back with Olivia, that was the last straw in the basket," I said, my voice was exhilarating and I could feel it too. People on the streets were beginning to stare at us.

I just can't believe our firs time seeing each other again, we would be fighting.

"I know that was a mistake, but I felt terrible what I did to her, I had to do something to make it up to her," he pauses, "Selena, she told me she was pregnant that day I saw you at the pier and it was only until I went back with her to New York when we checked up with the doctors to know she wasn't."

"What are you trying to imply here? That you're a jack ass for leaving her right after you found that out or that you're such a saint for coming to save me after?" I ask him bitterly. At one point I was a bit happy to see him but now knowing his reasons it's more so likely I want to punch him in the face with anything closest to me.

"That relationship was dead after I confessed the truth to her," he continues, "Even during our ride back to New York she said she hadn't even wanted my support for the baby. Let alone be friends at this point."

"Well congrats Nick, maybe now you can go find another girlfriend and another Selena doll for you to toy around with, I mean that is what you do best," I glared at him. "You know what, this argument is pointless, we're done talking. I can't restrain myself from punching you if I see you for another minute."

Again, I was ready to walk away from him again but he pulls me into a hug. He had a steady grip around me, I could barely even wiggle out of his grasp.

"Let go, Nick," I sighed. 

"I know I've been a jerk and not the best with apologies but I mean it this time, I'm not who I was before Sel," he slowly loosened his grip around, "You don't have to give me an answer right now, but think about it okay? No more lies, no more excuses. I promise..."

"Just let go..." I begged in weakness, and repeated when he didn't, "Nick, let go... this is too much, I didn't expect you to come out of nowhere."

"Sel..."

"I just can't.. I'll call you when I'm ready," I spun around and walked off.