Chapter 1

The next morning I felt my head throb, thrashing my brain. I groaned loudly, grimacing at the pain that jolted in my head, I was just glad I was sleeping on a cloud. This bed screams for Heaven, I missed nothing more than my bed ever since moving to Boston for college.

Then a slap hits my face, my body was sprawled across the bed with my back facing the ceiling. And my hair.... Don't even get me started, it was thrown over my face.

"Ow!" I groaned, pushing the hand away, "Demster move over."

"You move over..." She groans, rolling over to the other side of the bed, "Get up ugly."

"You get up, this my house," I retorted, then opening my sleepy eyes.

Then we heard a knock on the door, it was probably my housemaid, Helen. The rhythm of her footstep was easily recognizable, I snorted as I heard her call us down for breakfast.

"UGH! Go away, we'll be down," both of us groaned in unison. As her footsteps faded both of us began to laugh hysterically.

"I miss you best friend," Demi says, with a smile.

"I miss ya too Dems," I chuckle. Both of us got up soon, I offered her my closet, and as we both ran through my walk in closet she gasps picking up a tee shirt.

"Oh my God! Shut up, you still have this?" She gasps, pointing at the camp shirt we got in like 6th grade.

"I hadn't even remembered it existing," I gawked, picking up the shirt. "Wow look at what Candice wrote to me," I snorted pointing at the marketed worst on the shirt.

"Ooh look at what I wrote!" Demi exclaims, pointing at the words that covered one entire sleeve of the shirt.

We went back to picking out some real clothes as we heard Helen making her second round to call us. Demi went to shower in my washroom since it would be weird if she used the one in the hall that my parents uses quite frequently. I went down and quickly cleaned up and got dressed, erasing the smell of alcohol.

Although, my head throbbed from the pain was still throbbing in my head. I urged my way back into my room, Demi just got out of the shower.

"Demi! C'mon," I whined, picking up a brush to comb my hair, "We're gonna shop before my mother's stupid tea party at noon!"

I heard a few muffling sounds of her shuffling around things in the bathroom before coming out bashing up into my summer dress. Her hair was still damped and her face was porcelain clean of make up.

"Ugh don't rush me," she rolls her eyes, walking over to my make up table to apply eye liners, her favourite.

I chuckle, "Dems how is it possible that you still take like thirty years to get ready?"

Demi had always been the one to take longer to get up and get ready ever since we were small. Like whenever she sleeps over, my mom had a special Demi alarm for her, it wakes her up 30 minutes before everyone else.

"Never rush a girl," she pauses, glaring at me through the mirror.

"Am I a dude to you?" I glared back at her in the mirror.

Then both of us just laughed until I heard Helen knocking on the door.

"COMING!" Both of us called.

We met my parents downstairs at the breakfast table, I'm surprised they were still there. They would usually be out at work already, I suppose my mother decided to welcome her daughter home.

"Morning mom, dad," I hopped into my seat next to my dad and Demi sat next to me, across from the empty seat next to my mom.

"Morning Mandy, Brian," Demi sits down, already reaching for the stack of pancakes.

"Ooh yes! Pass me some!" I drooled over the deliciously made pancakes, and poured some orange juice into my glass.

"Selena..." My mom dragged on my name, "did you girls know how drunk you guys were?"

Both Demi and I dropped our forks and looked at my mom. I hear my father sigh, dropping his newspaper as he looks at me and Demi, passing over to me the newspaper.

"Look girls, have fun but please do remember you come from a family with great prosperity and dominance in town," he watches our rebellious faces, "I just want you guys to think before you act, we trust you."

Demi and I stared at the front page of the newspaper, our faces stole the cover with us drunk by the fountain dancing, captioned: What a Wrecking Ball to the Mayor & the Teefeys!

"We just want you girls to be aware of who you are," my mother speaks up, pressing her belly on the table.

Demi & I just glanced at each other, "Promise there is no next time."

"Thank you," my mother smiles, squeezing on my hand.

"Okay, well with that settled, welcome home girls," my father laughs, and dropping his napkin on the table, "Have a fun day, don't forget about your mother's tea party this afternoon."

"Oh yes, here is some money, spend it all & have fun girls," my mother puts down some fifties before striding off with my father to God knows which council meeting it was today.

Demi and I took the fifties and did exactly what they said, spend it all. We walked into the small vintage boutiques in town & spent the money all on the clothes and at some local bar.

I really missed Demi, she was the only person I could have these rebellious wild fun with. She brings out the rebellious me I'm afraid to show & I did the same to her. In law school they would celebrate at some classy coffee shop and read their law books.

I don't even know if I had passed those tests.

My thoughts were dug too deep I hadn't noticed when I bumped into someone on the street. But they had caught just in time before I fell over the side walk onto the road. Their strong arms held me by the forearm.

"I hope you aren't drunk in daylight too," I looked up to familiar voice, immediately my heart beat became unsteady as my eyes moulded into those gorgeous golden orbs.

I stood up straight, releasing myself from him, "Excuse me?" I scoffed.

"I hope you remember me," he flashed that dashing smile of his, that makes my heart race.

"I wish I didn't." I said to him bitterly.

Demi then moves forward, annoyed as well, "God Nick, what do you want?"

He just smirks at us, glancing over at Demi quickly, "Hey Demi, how are you?"

"Fine, thanks," she barked sternly like me, "Now move over."

He moves over, gesturing in full sarcasm. We scoffed and passed him.

Ugh! I hate it! How is it that he could still give me these butterfly feelings but he doesn't feel anything anymore?

I hate love.

I hate ever loving him.

But I can't stop loving him. First loves are always forever.