Chapter 2

"Ugh! How is that conceded jerk here?" I grunt, stomping my way to Demi's car.

She throws our shopping bags into her trunk, "Please, as if I'm not annoyed enough with Joe being here? I haven't seen him since we graduated from this ghost town."

"God, I hate them but they've gotten so hot," I can't help but admit, Demi gave me a death glare as she hopped into driver's seat.

"Have you forgotten their girlfriends? One with a model and the other is friggin Miss Universe, how would we compete?" Demi pouts, starting the engine.

"Whatever! They broke our hearts & it is just so unfair that they are getting laid now & we haven't had a good relationship since," I crossed my arms, as Demi steered us away from the street.

From the corner of my eyes I see Demi grin as she drove, and sometimes it just annoys how well she knows me, but this also comes with a sort of benefit. But for sure right now she knows I can't forget Nick, & same with her but towards Joe.

We parked her car in front if the golf range, their banquet is just too lively that the council enjoys hosting their meetings here. It just annoys me when asking the patio restaurant where they all sat under bright yellow umbrellas, seated in those fancy designer clothes.

All of them are just showing how rich they are, ugh.

Damn rich bitches. Yes, I consider myself wealthy, but I do not show it off like the ladies here. Demi and I walked in forcing our best smiles to them.

"Oh Demetria," one of the fifty year old brunette from the council stops us in our tracks to the restaurant entrance, "you have grown so much into such a beautiful young lady, isn't your mother lucky."

"Thank you Mrs. Hasting," Demi blushes.

"Oh & is this Selena Marie?" She turns to me with the same admiration, "how nice to see you, I'm so proud of you young ladies. I hear a lot from your mother about you in Harvard."

I forcefully pressed my lips into a small smile, "Thank you, I hear a lot about you too. Which bachelor have you married this week?" I can't help myself say.

Demi gasps then starts laughing and links my arm dragging me away, leaving Mrs. Hastings dumbfound in spot, perhaps even still figuring out what I just said. I mean I had to, she divorced almost every 2 years, it's like some scheduled routine.

"That woman is only hanging onto her husband for money," I said to Demi making her laugh harder.

"Oh. God, your mother is going to slap some sense into you when she finds out," she giggles, as we walked to the entrance of the restaurant.

We stood there met by a cute waiter, "Can I get a seat for you ladies for two?"

"Yes please," Demi replies in her flirty tone and devious eyes, "but we're with today's council meeting, tea party whatever."

He blushes a little by the embarrassment, "Right this way," he guides us in.

I slapped her arm whispering in a low voice, "You are horrible, that poor guy!"

"I can't help it, he is bashing cute," Demi giggles, following him to the patio where they all sat in their grouped up small tables. Demi turns to him before we continued in, she hushes him with a flirty smile, "Thank you."

I rolled my eyes and walked to my mom who sat at the end of the table, laughing with some ladies around her as the conversations became endless along the table.

"Hi mother, and Mrs. Jonas, Mrs. Grayson, Danielle," I smile at each one who were sipping on their tea cups and eating cake.

"Selena, sweet heart! where's Demi?" My mom asks, standing up looking for Demi, and noting she was flirty with the waiter, she grins and pulls out a seat for me.