Chapter 3

Nick drops me off at the front of my house, the sun was still up and there were some gardeners that came over to do the gardening as I see their trucks in the driveway. Their white truck was covered by a wrapper, posted their flower shop's name on it, Whole Gardenia.

I unbuckled my seat belt, "Thanks."

"No problem," he seemed a bit hesitant, since he had no other words to say, I got out.

"Bye," I closed the door on my way out.

"Wait," His door closes as he walks over to me, "Look there's a small gathering at the beach tomorrow night and they're having a bonfire, I was wondering if you and Demi would like to come."

Was he for real?

"I'll see," yes, Selena play hard, I thought to myself.

"You'll see? Well cancel," he smirks, pressing on the idea. "I want you to be there."

I could feel myself blush, "But I don't want to see you."

That had taken him back and it wasn't a reply he expected, I could tell as his smirk was wiped off his face and a pout appears.

"Are you still mad?" he was dumb to ask.

I didn't want to bother with the topic. Instead I spun around and began walking away.

"Bye Nick."

"I take that as a yes," he shouts.

"Take it whatever you want, but you won't see me." I shout back entering my house, then turning to see him.

Nick was leaning against his car, and his famous smirk reappeared on his face. He waves at me. I rolled my eys before turning the knob to my house.

"I'll be ringing your doorbell if I don't see you," he winks before getting into his car.

I rolled my eyes againt, for his idiocy. What makes him think I would go just for him? Oh who am I kidding, of course I would. He hasn't changed one bit since we broke up. And that famous smirk of his, is liked tattooed.

I went to my room after and watched his car back out. Shortly after, I fell asleep from reading one of my ultimate favourite Jane Austen novels, Emma. This woman is honestly a legend to literature, her literary work was probably even comparable to Shakespeare.

I guess I slept through dinner, and no one cared enough to come wake me. When I woke up it was already sunrise, barely actually. I checked the time on my digital clock and the blue light brightens the big numbers, 5:04am. I sighed, this was too early.

I got up anyways and cleaned up, no one was awake at home yet. Well it's just my parents and me anyways. I got into a pair of lulu lemon shorts and a dry fit top, one of the best running apparel I own. I slipped on my white and navy blue wind breaker to balance out my Fusia runners before leaving the house.

Literally everyone was dead asleep.

I began running through our peaceful neighbourhood that barely I preached a sound besides the sound of the birds singing at every corner. I stuffed the headphones and jammed to some Radiohead as I jogged through to the core of our town.

After an hour, I noticed more and more cars began to sprawl their way into town and the farmers market was setting up. Some familiar faces, perhaps friends of my parents began smiling and waving to me as I passed. Like Mrs. Laurier who brought pie every Christmas to us.

She was still as beautiful from the last time I saw her, hazel brown hair, curled to natural perfection and still skinny and bones. She probably gained some wrinkles over the years.

"Morning stranger, haven't seen you in town for a while missy," she grins, settling down her basket of peaches on the counter.

"Hi Mrs. Laurier," I smile, wiping off some sweat as we met for a hug, "How have you've been?"

"All same," she shrugs, with a smile as she pulls away, "But look at you, so grown up into such a beautiful young lady."

I giggle and probably blushed as well, and that is pretty rare, "Thank you, I'm glad to be home. I miss everyone here."

Lies. I font exactly miss everyone. Perhaps one specific person most.

"Oh there is nothing worth missing," she laughs, "Come back ten years later, our town still looks the same. Same old dramas, gossips and just... Councils fighting for some new technologies."

"Hmm... Well if anything, ask my mom," I joked, since she was a lawyer and part of the council. "Or Demi's, her mom is the mayor."

"Oh you girls," she frowns a bit, "I miss having you girls in town the most."

"Really?" I was a bit shocked, I mean we're a handful in my mind, "You don't do you? I mean we were such-"

"Excuse me, sorry," both of us turned our attention to the customer, "Can I pay for some of these peaches?"

The familiar face had us stunned by her beauty. Even without make up, this girl can still knock it off on a run way, she was just drop dead gorgeous, even in a girl's perspective. And I can swear I'm not gay for her.

Her voice was sweet and smooth and her body was fit and toned, and I could see every reason why Nick is with her.

She probably noticed my creepy stares at her since her arrival, because while Mrs. Laurier took her payment, she was glancing at some fruits then stopped and looked up to me.

"Hi, do I know you by chance?" Her voice was sweet like I said, and she spreads a smile across her lips.

"No I don't think so, but the Jonas family was at my parents' firm anniversary party the other night," I explained to her, and dying to tell her about Nick and my past relationship, "Uh... You were with Nick?"

Her cheeks flushed a light pink and she giggles nodding, "Yea, hi I'm Olivia, sorry I didn't formally introduce myself the other night."

"No don't worry, I'm Selena by the way," I responded, God she was killing me. Stop being so nice, it's hard to hate you!

"I mean Nick has told me about you and how you guys were great childhood friends and all," she smiles, receiving her basket of peaches, "Well it was great meeting you Selena."

I nodded and smiled back her, and it was genuine guys, "Same, see you around."

The girl then disappeared into the crowd and onto other farmer market booths that were selling fresh and organic food or clothing even. I said my good bye to Mrs. Laurier and headed home.

I honestly did not expect her to be this sweet and kind. Compared to what I expected, I thought the girl would be a complete bitchy girlfriend, but that is probably because Nick had only introduced me as his childhood friend...

Childhood friend my ass.

I can't believe that selfish jerk just introduced me like that. As if what we had wasn't important and didn't own a place in our lives. But technically our relationship had no real status and I guess I can't complain much, it was a mess. He always had some fear of going out with me, and is never understood the full reason why.

He always kept our relationship so secretive, only our parents knew but they confused if we were really dating or just had feelings for each other sometimes. Now seeing him and Olivia, I can't help but envy her.

He doesn't mind kissing her in front of people - *COUGH*PDA*COUGH* -

I guess it's just me that can't forget the past.

And it was he tragic of our story.