Chapter 28

I could not believe I had the guts to even do that. I mean, to my parents? I would never have disobeyed a single thing or disrespected them in any way when I was a child. I don't know where all this confidence came from. 

I wasn't expecting them to come to beg for forgiveness, because that was just my parents. They are the type of arrogant lawyers that don't have time for family time. But I just can't believe Rachel, whom I grew up closest to could stand watching them pretend cheating is not a crime. 

In my law book cheating is definitely a crime. Even in the vows, the bride and the groom don't have to guarantee eternal love towards one another but surely faithfulness was in their contract. 

Even if it was not in their vows, I believe that being loyal to your partner is a type of respect to them. I mean, your spouse is the person that you promised to spend the rest of your life with, right? Then of course, for heartless lawyers like my parents believe in divorces. 

I believe in divorces too. If it doesn't work out for a couple, divorce is definitely the way to go. Sure they could try to work things out, but if things don't work out, it suggests for this couple to move on to new partners. My mom may seem strong to hold up this family, but I know she is hurting inside and there must be a scar in their relationship.

I'm no expert in relationships, but I know when to call for a break up.

Then there is my mom who is so heartless to even give the suggestion of an abortion. And at this point, I don't know how to explain her brain. It is full of complexity. She has children of her own and she tells that woman to have an abortion?

I'm not too fond of the woman, but the baby did nothing wrong. Anyways, I'm glad she ended up standing up for herself and the baby and didn't go for the abortion.

"Selena?" it was Rachel, I could hear her hand slamming on my door, "Could you open up please? Talk to me. I'm your sister."

"Well doesn't look like you did that great of a job in talking to me." I retorted, I was throwing clothes back into my carry on. 

"Listen to me Sel, I know I didn't do such a great job in being your sister at this situation, but don't shut me out," she begged, "I know I should've spoke to you about it, but it was exam time for you."

"So what," I shut my luggage and went to unlock the door, "I'm still part of this family and I had just as much rights to know as you do!"

"I know, I know... but just talk to me Sel, tell me how you feel. I had just as much trouble getting this through my head, but in the end it's not up to us to decide what they do with their relationship," she signs, grabbing my hands, "It's their relationship, not ours. Let them take care of their business themself."

"I did my part already, they wanted to talk, I came home sat down and spoke to them," I said to her, it was pure anger in that tone, "I'm done talking and I believe they are also done listening to what I have to say."

I turned around to pick up my purse and luggage. I started rolling it out my room with Rachel following behind me.

"Where are you going Sel?" 

"Somewhere to breathe," I answered her. I got to the doorstep with my parents walking out to see what's happening.

"Selena, we are sorry for what happened, but could just stay at home?" my dad begged.

"I'm not staying here for another minute," I gritted through my teeth.

"Selena, I know you are frustrated with us, but don't shut us out completely," my mother explains, then grabbing for my wrist, "Please don't go, it wouldn't be good for our reputation."