Chapter 29

We've arrived to Demi's house, I just hope she's at home. They insisted on coming in with me because they saw Joe's car on the driveway. My heart was in relief when I saw Demi open the door, she looked shocked for a minute when she saw this combination of three bodies. I bet she'd never expect me to show up at her doorstep with both Nick and Olivia.

"Demi, here's the clothes you asked for your trip," I gave her a look that Nick and Olivia who stood at the back could not see.

She got my cue and helped me roll in my luggage, "Thanks, I was just wondering where you were at."

See now, Demi and I used to take acting classes together when we were kids and when it comes to acting, we could recite it on point. We called it acting when we were kids, our parents called it lying. 

"Hey JOE!" Demi called into the house, in milliseconds we see Joe running out from Demi's kitchen. He was in an apron and you could see they were playing house, with the site of their matching chief hats.

"Hey guys," he took a look at the combination of Nick, Olivia and I, just like the way Demi did. Then tried to make it look normal, "I didn't expect such a big crowd, should've called Dani and Kevin too."

"Well Selena and I bumped into each other at the coffee shop so I thought we'd give her a lift," Olivia explains.

"Ah..." Joe answers wiping his hands on the apron, he took a cue that Demi and I had to talk so he took them to the kitchen, "Hey Demi and I were just baking some chocolate croissant come in to try."

"Oh don't ask," Demi frowns with a heavy sigh, when we all looked shocked at Demi who leant her kitchen to Joe, "He drove me nuts on how to sauté the pasta this morning."

Nick and Olivia just laughs as they followed Joe to the kitchen while Demi and I went upstairs to her room. Once inside she sealed the door so no one else would hear. We took a seat on her bed as she tossed some clothes into her luggage for her and Joe's trip.

"I could lend you my car to get to your beach house," she suggests, "Or Joe and I could drop you off on our way to our trip--"

"Is hitching a ride with you guys okay?" I asked.

Demi draws a smile on her lips, "Of course Sel, like I said, we're always here for you."

"You're the best Dems," I embraced her into a hug.

"I've known you all my life Selena Gomez," Demi giggles, "Hey, I'm only a call away. Ring me if you feel lonely at the beach house."

"I will, thanks," I pulled away finally.

"Speaking of... you and Olivia happened to talk eh?" she had a dirty grin on her lips.

"It's difficult trying to not like her," I frowned, "She's too friendly and comforting. Ugh, life is difficult." I fell onto her mattress.

I hadn't even known that I fallen asleep while Demi was telling me something about the place they were visiting tomorrow. The next thing I knew it was morning and Demi was rushing me to wake up. I got up and rinsed up in the washroom before going downstairs.

Joe was carrying out Demi's luggages and mine. Then I saw Nick at the bottom, Demi rushed passed me to get some road trip snacks in the kitchen.

"Where are you going Sel?" Nick stopped me at the stairs.

"What are you doing here?"

"I asked first."

"I'm staying at my parent's beach house, now why are you here?" I crossed my arms.