Chapter 38

A/N sorry to confuse you guys, it was pointed out that I mistitled Chapter 36 as 37, therefore you guys must've thought I skipped 36. Just now I have corrected the chapters, thanks for the notice @rosegardenn

And now back to the story! :)

----------------

I buried my face deep into the crook of Rachel's neck when I saw him walking one step faster than the other as he approached us. 

"What's wrong?" his voice was panicking in adrenaline as he heard my sobs. It wasn't the person who I expected to be, of course why would he notice me when his girlfriend was around. 

"I don't know," my sister shook as she brushed my hair to calm my uneven breathing.

"Sweet heart, let me have a word with her alright?" my father asked, and they took it on cue to walk back into the gala as my father brought me over the fountain where there were wooden French benches laid out around it. 

I sat down next to him as I shivered the chills from the wind.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" my father asked. I suppose I could say he was the softer parent, he was always the one to reach out, which is the polar opposite of my mother. She, whom spoke highly of psychology theorists like John B. Watson, she believed that we needed to be independent so affection and love came more from my father to be honest.

"I did something so bad that I can't even forgive myself," I said to him, "It was incredibly stupid!"

"Aw sweetheart, everything humans do can break the spectrum of stupidity depends on how stupid it is," his words were always so high up there and sophisticated like himself.

I chuckled, "I'm probably one of those that broke the spectrum."

My father laughs wrapping his arm around me, "Sweet heart, tell me what's wrong. I may have not been the best person to look up to with moralities and such, but I will always be here to support you."

Trust me, I probably didn't know my morals anymore either. I leaned back on the bench, debating if this is the secret I could tell my father. And in public too.

"If it's about our family--" I cut him off before he drifts into how he's so sorry and feels so guilty and all, I didn't want to hear it. It would just remind me what a horrible person I am.

"Dad, I-I'm with someone who has a girlfriend," I confessed, "She is so nice, and incredibly sweet, I don't want him to break up with someone that amazing for me. I probably won't be able to treat him with so much patience and in depth love as her."

My father took and huge breath and sighed, "That's a big one there champ. I guess there are some footsteps that you children shouldn't follow from your parents."

I left it with a faint smile. 

"Selena you are grown up, you were always so decisive and knew the answer to everything." he begins, "From my experience I chose what's important to me, and that is you guys. If this man truly loves you--enough that he is willing to break up with his girlfriend for you... it's okay to break up with the other girl. It's better one suffer than two right?"

"I know but dad, he is so important to her, and so was she, I mean she helped him stand back up and be human again," I said.

"But if you're the one he loves, I think he should do what his heart tells him to do. And you can't compare yourself like that, there will always be people better. The best doesn't exist," my father chuckles, "Point is, Selena if this young man is willing to give up a woman that was equally important to him--before--for you, I think you should just release your worries and fall for him."