Chapter 16

"Demi, is this another party?" I walked into my room to continue the conversation.

I hear Demi laugh through the other line, "Of course silly! C'mon you barely even partied the last time we went, you gotta come! Plus this dude has a mansion!"

"Don't you have a beau you gotta attend to?" I sighed, staring out to the sun that just came up not too long ago, "Plus these parties are so high school."

"Yes but who says a girl can't have fun? C'mon just come! I'll come get you at 7," Demi continued to beg.

"Last time you ditched me for some hunk at the party," I pointed out, plopping down onto my wingchair.

"I promise I wouldn't, but please come," I already hear her pouting on the other line.

"Alright fine," I gave in, whatever. I mean summer is so short, Demi and I would be having such little time together, I might as well use it to the max.

"YAYYY!" She screams through the other line, it made me giggle.

"Alright, mom is gonna yell if I'm not back down for breakfast, catch you later," I say before hanging up. I race back down to join my parents.

My dad was practically done his breakfast and mom was finishing up her last bite. They were already dressed too, I wonder where they were heading today.

"Are you guys going somewhere today?" I asked, both my parents looked over.

"Oh we were just thinking of golfing with the Stefensens," my mom said as she was dishing up the table.

"Did you wanna join in honey," my dad asked, bringing his plate to the counter.

"Golf? Again?" I asked sounding so out of it, because I was. I swear this town has a fetish for golfing. "Nah, I think I'll possibly just hang out here."

"But honey Connie will be there," my mother bashed her eye lashes in a flirtious manner.

I furrowed my eyebrow, "Who's Connie?"

"She forgot," my dad whispers, "Conrad, he's an honor student from Columbia. He flew in the same day as you, I'm shocked you don't remember him. You guys used to play together when you were kids."

"But their family moved out of town when you were in grade 6, so you probably don't remember. It's just recent years they've came back." My mother added.

"Ohhh Conrad, right..." I nodded, that kid was cute as hell since he was born. Of course I would remember him, he was my "first love" plus how could I forget, I asked him to our school's Valentine dance and he was sick that day so we spent the entire day watching Cat in the Hat at his house.

Oh childhood memories...

"Well if you're coming better get change," dad says as he cleans up the rest of the table, "we're leaving in 15 minutes."