Chapter 21

The next morning I felt my head pounding. Although I was lying on a mattress that felt like I was on a cloud and a pillow that was softer than cotton, the pain surged through my head. I turn over to face my clock.

Wow that was one day already. Right now was 1:03PM.

On the night stand next to the clock was a glass cup filled in halfway with water and the Aspirin that rested on a napkin next to it with a note. Awww. From mom & dad.

Selena,

Take this after breakfast. We didn't have time to cook, go make breakfast or meet up with your sister or Demi for breakfast.

Love you, Mom & Dad.

I took the Aspirin down with the water, like screw the breakfast, I can eat a gorilla right now for all I care. Anything to get rid of this stupid headache.

I picked up my iphone 6 on the nightstand that was charging. Okay well here goes the notifications, 12 unread messages, 1 voicemail and 3 missed calls. Let's see who is it?

I opened my notifications to find them all from Demi.

"I guess brunch is with you Dems," I say to myself and dialed her number.

doot... doot... doot...

"Hey..." she answers.

"Hey Dems wanna grab something to eat—" I started.

"Hahah Got you! I'm Demi and I'm not here at the moment, leave me a voicemail and I will get back to you." Oh that stupid voicemail of hers...

"Listen good Lovato, I am about to make my way over to your house to kick your ass for that voicemail. Text me!" I left the voicemail and hung up. I left my phone to continue to charge as I went to clean up myself.

Well isn't it lovely with sunshine today? I grabbed my bikini and beach bag, I took some sunscreen, my laptop and a book with me. Today sounds good for a beach day. I jumped into a blue beach dress with my blue bikini under and tied up my messy locks. I was honestly too lazy to leave it down in this drenching hot summer.

I took my mom's car, I guess dad drove her today. I put Nick's leather jacket in the trunk, hopefully I would have the time to drop it off with Demi as I am trying my best to avoid him.

I'm hardly recalling what happened last night but last time on my watch I remembered I was supposed to avoid him. I stole my mom's pink Tory Burch flip flops which matched my outfit too well to not wear.

The beach was not far from my house, about a 10 minute drive to the shore. I left Demi a text to ask if she wanna chill, but she hasn't texted back whatever. Once I got to the beach—which by the way was beautiful minus how crowded it was—I set my towel and bag down on the center of the beach and stripped out of my dress to start tanning.

I put on my sunglasses and lied down flat on my stomach with my phone blasting to One Republic's 2014 album on replay. Ah, it was as if I never left bed.

After about 45 minutes I feel like the skin on my back is starting to burn like seriously burn from the sun. I got back in my dress to go find some food since I haven't ate anything besides a bottle of water this morning.

I was strolling down the pathway along the beachside, passing the famous Norman Arcade we used to go to as kids and the coffee shop my parents would hang out while my sister and I played. As I walked I heard my name being called.

I turned around, it was Olivia that called me. Oh dear God save me, I thought. At first I turned away trying to not be recognized but she called me again having me turn around and smile at her.